5th April 2018
Secondary school saves time, reduces errors and enhances reporting with Civica solutions.
Oakbank School, a member of the multi-academy Beckfoot Trust, is a mixed secondary school and sixth form in Keighley, West Yorkshire. It has close to 1,700 students and employs more 300 teaching, support, administration and facilities staff.
As in many other schools, staffing levels vary according to Oakbank’s requirements, such as during exam times or when people are absent. Fluctuating employee numbers, individuals working in more than one position, and differing pay grades and pension entitlements combine to create a complex environment for HR and payroll management. Oakbank found that its existing systems were struggling to cope with the challenge. The school carried out due diligence and selected Civica’s HR and Payroll solutions.
When Oakbank School joined the Beckfoot Trust, it became part of a thriving network of Bradford-based primary, secondary and special schools. The benefits of using Civica HR that Oakbank experienced led to the solution being extended to the other eight schools in the trust.
- One FTE saved through increased efficiencies and reduced admin burden
- More accurate data, fewer queries and errors to fix
- Simplified, timely report generation for the leadership team
- Self-service capability puts everyone in charge of their own information
- Efficient integration of online recruitment and HR management systems
- Rollout of the Civica HR solution at all Beckfoot Trust schools.
Using the Civica system we have made significant time savings, plus we have much more accurate data, which means fewer queries and errors to fix.
Gillian Middlebrook, Finance Manager, Beckfoot Oakbank School