25th April 2018
Service Area: HR
Course Type: System Setup and Administration
Duration: 2 Days
This HR course will meet the following objectives:
The setting up of the HR system including the adaptation of standardised files to meet your needs.
Inserting and maintaining employee transactions and system data.
Add additional user defined screens.
Run standard reports and enquiries.
The course is split into the following areas:
- System Basics – What are the common features and functionality within the HR screens?
- System Preparation – Guides delegates through a comprehensive overview of how to prepare the system for day-to-day HR operational use. This includes setting up companies, locations, departments, cost centres, posts, grades, lookup codes (used to populate dropdown lists), holiday schemes, absence management techniques etc. It also involves setting up statutory holidays and disciplinary and grievance procedures within the system.
- Employee Data – Emphasis on employee transactions, which is broken down into two sections. Firstly employee records for example, basic details, skills, next of kin, bank details etc. And secondly the operational data for employees, for example absence management, accidents, performance reviews, disciplinary records, competencies and objectives and risk assessments.
Day 2 starts with a review of the topics covered on Day 1
- Employee History – This continues looking at employee information and focuses on how users can maintain an employee’s career history, medical history including recording any medical conditions, education history, flexible working requests and references.
- Utilities - There are three areas to work with here:
(1) The Event Diary utility enables users to manage and report on key dates in the database. They are then able to flag reminders for each date to come on email or calendars.
(2) The Global Updates utility enables users to make changes to specific data across all their employees although they do have the ability to filter the update to apply to only a specific set of employees e.g. at a certain location or in a certain department.
(3) Questionnaire Manager enables users to create and distribute surveys and questionnaires to all or groups of employees (requires the Self Service module).
- Custom Screens – Allows users to create bespoke user screens to input associated data they wish to hold in the database. Using the Custom Screens wizard, users will learn how to build their own screens. These screens can also be published via Self Service for employees to update or review if required.
- Standard Reports, Charts, and Graphs – The 2 day course finishes with a look at some of the standard reports and graphs that come with the system.
For more information, please contact the training team on 01908 787700 or email@example.com
Book your place