25th April 2018
Service Area: All Modules
Course Type: System Setup and Administration
Duration: 1 Day
The workflow module is a software application which automates, a process or processes. The processes are usually business-related but can be any process that requires a series of steps to be automated via software.
A perfect example of this is the Leaver process, where as a result of an employee leaving a series of tasks are required to be completed, for example Exit Interview, Leaving Pay or Returning Company Property.
This course will meet the following objectives:
- Create new user workflows.
- How workflow links with the core and Self Service applications?
- Using database triggers to automate workflows.
- How to assign tasks and alerts?
- Using employee groups in HR administration.
- Using Connectors, Tasks and Authorizing functions.
- How to configure variables?
The course is broken down into the following areas:
- Definition – How to specify simple tasks, connectors and how to determine whether tasks are authorised? Definition of system variables. How to import, save and export workflows?
- Initiation – Option for starting a new workflow instance from the System Administration program, the HR & Payroll modules or Self Service application.
- Flow – How to specify results to determine the flow from task to task?
- Actioning and Completion – A working demonstration of the actions required to action a task, how these are marked to complete and then transfer control to the next task.
- Monitoring – A graphical demonstration of how to check the progress of your workflows.
- Automation Using Database Triggers – How to initiate a new set of tasks from a database update using triggers or via the Event Diary?
For more information, please contact the training team on 01908 787700 or email@example.com