25th April 2018
System Administration course
Service Area: System Administration
Course Type: System Setup and Administration
Duration: 1 Day
This course is broken down into 3 key elements: Profiles, Security and Global Parameters and will meet the following objectives:
How to set up permissions of users and also how to set up the security within the system.
Complete other administrative responsibilities; for example password control, allocation of Personnel Numbers, setting up of file paths and administering of scheduled reports.
Understand top-level configuration of system that effects on all modules, including the setting up the following Global Parameters:
- Companies, Departments, Cost Centres and Locations.
- Posts/Job titles including the attachment of Skills, Benefits, Training Plans and Competencies and Objectives to the Post.
- Grading, Spinal Column Points and Grade Banding.
- Absence coding for different types of absences.
- The importance of Holiday Schemes to enable the system to calculate and track an employee’s holiday entitlement.
- Company Benefits.
- Global Lookups.
- Holiday Year End process.
- Setting up and running the Event Diary which will trigger reminder emails when key dates are impending.
- The HR Scheduler Services which allows for scheduling standard and user reports to run at specified times and have then emailed to colleagues.
- Introduction to Workflow and how it operates.
- Running the Quick Enquiry Utility for quick data exports to Excel.
- Creating a test instance using the Database tools (subject to audience).
- The relevance of the log files.
For more information, please contact the training team on 01908 787700 or email@example.com