25th April 2018
Service Area: Payroll
Course Type: System Setup and Administration
Duration: 2 Days
This Payroll course will meet the following objectives:
Setting up users and system preparation.
Update Government settings within Payroll.
Understand the elements for setting up payroll system.
Run payroll system.
Run reports and enquiries.
Introduction to other parts of Payroll system, for example vehicles & mileages, employee absences and statutory payments.
KEY NOTE: This course assumes that the user has an intermediate knowledge of Payroll as a whole and is designed to develop user skills on how to process Payroll using Civica HR & Payroll.
The course is broken down into the following:
- System Basics – An introduction to the common features, security and functionality of many screens.
- Government Parameters – An overview of the information that is held within the Government Parameters area, for example tax rates and SSP/SMP rates and how to update via the import functionality at the required times (i.e. new tax year).
- Pay Groups – A guide to defining the different pay groups or payrolls within the system, for example settings payment frequency, pay dates, tax reference and contract terms.
- Setting up each pay group – Having defined the pay groups (or payrolls), this next section will focus on the parameter maintenance area and how to set up the various elements for the operation and transactions within each pay group, for example inputs and deductions, defining pension schemes and attachments of earnings.
- Running the Payroll – Detailed look at Pre-calculation checks, auto-enrolment and running the Period End.
- Employee Maintenance – An overview of the pay related details held against each employee including:
Cumulative Pay Information
Statutory Payments History
Fixed Deductions and Inputs
Attachments of Earnings
- Inputs (1) – A detailed look at some of the different types of payroll inputs that are available through Carval Payroll including:
Flexible Input by Department and/or by Cost Centre
Importing data from a CSV file
Net to Gross Calculation
Day 2 starts with a review of the topics covered on Day 1
- Running a payroll – A demonstration of and practical exercise in running a payroll from setting up a Pay Group, defining the elements for that Pay Group, creating a number of employees in that Pay Group and entering pay related data for those employees, inputting some periodic values, running the payroll calculation and checking the figures on the payslips.
- Configuring the Stationery – Short session demonstrating how to change the look of payslips including the adding of a company logo or additional fields.
- Input Programs – A guide through other options under the Input Programs menu including:
- Employee NI Code Change
- Global Updates
- Vehicles & Mileages – Setting up mileage and vehicle allowances and inputting periodic values.
- Payroll Archiving – A short session explaining how Payroll archives payroll data and how that data can be accessed. This will include an explanation of making backdated arrears payments.
- Absenteeism – Looking at ways to manage employee absenteeism including:
- Entering absence records
- Operating a formal system of Time off in Lieu (TOIL)
- Available absenteeism reports
- Integrated Elements – A look at how Payroll links with other modules in Carval.
- Reports – General reporting in general.
For more information, please contact the training team on 01908 787700 or firstname.lastname@example.org