When you hear the terms Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR), Virtual Reality (VR) and Extended Reality (XR), you might start thinking of Hollywood or Pokémon Go.
But beyond the big screen, immersive technologies are increasingly entering our daily lives. From AR photo-enhancing apps on our smartphones, to bringing content to life in immersive training, the technologies provide a unique opportunity to tap into our emotions in a way traditional methods cannot.
But are they still best kept for ‘Iron Man’? Or can they make a real positive impact for public services? Download Perspectives* volume 1 as we explore:
- The reality of immersive technologies – highlighting the key differences between AR, MR, VR and XR
- The four biggest impact areas where the technology is helping
- Why now is the time to explore further
- The current drivers and positive impact stories across heath and care, local government, education, housing and central government
- The time to realise the positive impact in each sector
- And, how we can work together to make it a reality
The AR/VR market will reach
active VR users across the world
of UK universities are using AR/VR
Research Director Emerging Tech,
The response to COVID-19 let the mixed reality genie out of the bottle and it’s not going back in. The realities of immersive learning is driving a radical rethink of working practices. It is taking what were considered to be technologies of the future and making them technologies of the now.