31st January 2019
Online commenting, an easy-to-use measuring tool, and powerful searching and filtering are all part of a seamless and responsive online planning portal used by Waverley Borough Council’s residents and officers.
When a member of the public wants to find out about or comment on a planning application in the Waverley area, they don’t have to phone up, write a letter or visit the council’s offices. Instead, they simply click on the ‘Planning’ tab on the council’s website to access Civica’s intuitive Portal360 - Planning portal. The new portal also makes life easier for council planning and case officers and supports Waverley’s ‘paper light’ strategy.
- Streamlined planning application access and review for citizens and case officers by integrating an online portal with the council’s website and back-office systems
- Reduced avoidable contact by managing demand on services, customer contact and query-handling for the council with integrated citizen self-service
- Improved customer satisfaction through faster publication of comments, down from ~5 days to ~24 hours
- Tangible cost savings and support for the council’s paperlight strategy by reducing reliance on printing, posting and hard copy archiving
- Collaborative solution design process, enabling Civica to benefit from Waverley’s domain knowledge.
We’re really satisfied with the Civica Portal360 – Planning solution. It gives residents and case officers rapid access to accurate planning information and documents online, at any time, using any device.
Paul Reeves, IT Project Manager, Waverley Borough Council