7th June 2017
- Includes modules for school administration, billing and finance, teacher tools, academic reporting, business intelligence & timetabling, with more to come in 2018
- CES revolutionises school administration, with its multi school, person-centric design
SYDNEY, Australia, 8 June 2017 – Civica, one of Australia’s leading suppliers of critical software applications, digital solutions and outsourcing services that help transform the way organisations work, has announced the official launch of Civica Education Suite (CES) to coincide with the educational technology conference, EduTECH. CES is a web-based schools information solution (SIS) for Australian schools and aims to drive efficiency and productivity in schools management.
CES offers easy-to-use modules to manage school finances, administrative tasks (teacher tool kit), timetabling, academic reporting and schools intelligence. At the core of this product is the Central Person Store (CPS), which helps teachers to track students’ history, progress and their involvement with one or more schools. It also provides comprehensive and accurate information about all the individuals that the school is dealing with. The schools intelligence module offers analytics that help staff make data-driven decisions for students and the school.
CES also provides anytime and anywhere access to information, from a variety of devices and is hosted by Civica. Flexible configuration options ensure that schools can implement CES for a single school in “single school mode” or as a true enterprise solution with multiple schools (2 to 2,000) in a single instance. CES also promises significant cost savings as schools deploying the software will no longer need to purchase expensive add-ons to complement the existing SIS.
“Our system is proven to save schools money and time, while enhancing the ability for children and families to track educational progress,” explained Simon Jones, Managing Director, Civica Education.
The Civica Education Suite has been the result of five years of hard work in Australia, with the experience of supporting 3,500 schools across the country. Civica has engaged with customers and invested in understanding the needs and aspirations of Australian education, and how the latest technologies can deliver against these requirements.
“We’ve also focused on delivering what each customer requires, enabling us to deliver a solution which meets their immediate requirement – be it Admin, Finance, Billing or Teacher Tools ensuring that we deliver solutions to their immediate problems. We’re so excited to be able to showcase the Civica Education Suite at EduTECH, to demonstrate how software can support your requirements in 2017, but also your aspirations for the next 10 years,” said Jones.
Department of Education Western Australia
Civica developed elements of CES by partnering with the Department of Education Western Australia.
The Department, which provides quality education to 800 public schools across WA, chose Civica and its CES solution after a thorough procurement process. CES uses SIF AU (Systems Interoperability Framework Australia) to allow schools to share information between systems using a common data format. CES also ensures cost savings by simplifying routine tasks thereby reducing teachers’ time spent on administration.
“The School Information System (SIS) will underpin the delivery of education services in Western Australia over the next 10 years. As well as the cost savings we’ve identified, there will be significant operational improvements for our schools, benefitting staff, students and parents,” said Bevan Doyle, Chief Information Officer for the Department of Education, Western Australia.
WA schools will move to CES in 2018, which will provide a secure environment for school and student data.
Department of Education in Northern Territory
The Civica’s CPS was originally designed and deployed for the Department of Education in Northern Territory to allow for the creation and management of a unique person record and the flow of information between software systems. The CPS is essential to efficient schools management as it allows the tracking and transfer of students as they move through the full term of their K-12 education, and beyond if required.
Catholic Education South Australia
Catholic Education South Australia has chosen to adopt the CPS, and Civica’s next generation Finance & Billing package to work alongside its existing SIS, and to be rolled out across the organisation’s 100 schools.
Catholic Education Northern Territory
The Northern Territory Catholic Education Office recently deployed the CPS, coupled with Civica’s next generation administration system – CE Admin. With short timescales for a rollout, Civica succeeded in migrating data and rolling out the first five schools within six weeks of receiving the order.
Discussing what the organisation was looking for in a solution, Jeremy Howley, Manager Research and Development, Information Technology for the Catholic Education Northern Territory said:
“We were looking for a modern web-based enterprise application, as we look after multiple schools right across the Northern Territory. It was very important for us to have a system that was user-friendly and featured a single database that was able to simplify security, reporting, data warehouse integration and system administration for our school system.”
CES AVAILABLE NOW
The Civica Education Suite is available now. For more information on the Civica Education Suite, please visit: www.civica.com or visit us on stand 294 at EduTECH, 8-9 June at the Sydney Convention Centr
CIVICA EDUCATION SUITE - TIMELINE
Civica Education Suite has been the result of many years working in the education sector and understanding the changing needs of schools and education departments:
1978 – 2007
Civica works with schools and education departments to provide their core school information systems (SIS).
Through consultation with customers and a review of the five SIS applications that Civica develop and support for more 3,500 schools in Australia, some common themes surface:
- Software must be intuitive and easy to use
- Software must be available anytime, anywhere and from any device
- Data needs to be entered once and then used by whomever and wherever appropriate
- The data must be easy to interrogate and report on
With these principles underpinning the software development, Civica delves in to the back office processes of schools and the bodies that managed them and finds:
- The software needs to provide tools to create and manage a unique student record
- This unique student record needs to stay with the student for at least their academic lifespan
- Important information needs to follow the student as they moved between schools
- The software needs to support a student who wants to attend multiple schools at one time
- Data collected in the SIS needs to be available in other systems, and vice versa
- Larger schools need industry strength finance packages which can be used by non-specialist finance staff.
- Departments of Education and other central education offices (e.g. Catholic Diocese) require access to their aggregated data
- The wider community demands increasing access to information, whilst the changing dynamic of society and increasingly stringent privacy legislation complicates making the data available.
Over the past five years, Civica has reviewed each of the school systems in its portfolio, and decided that the only way to deliver against every requirement was to start again.
Civica Education Suite – Today
Civica Education Suite reflects the organisation’s increasing emphasis on developing solutions for enterprise and single schools that enable digital transformation - helping schools deliver services to their community more effectively.
Major features of the Civica Education Suite include:
- A modern, easy-to-use, and intuitive user interface
- Mobility features for parents, teachers, students and admin staff.
- Efficient data management - information is only entered once and retained indefinitely
- Modular design
- Deal’s with today’s family challenges – designed around students with complex family situations
- Reporting and analytics – ability to create reusable lists and reports quickly and easily, and web based dashboards for better informed decisions.