Helping public sector finance teams increase productivity
An integrated, web-based financial information management system developed for the public sector, Civica Financials is helping to boost productivity and reduce costs in over 80 local authorities, police forces, schools and housing associations.
With powerful management reporting at its core, Civica Financials offers a range of modules including general ledger, debtors, creditors, purchase-to-pay (P2P), workflow with document management (intelligent scanning), asset management, budgeting and forecasting.
A comprehensive, intuitive system for financial management
Civica Financials delivers all the functionality your team needs to manage your organisation's finances more efficiently. The system can help you to:
- Improve business processes
- Provide accurate financial information to all users
- Encourage self-service and personal responsibility
Users access Civica Financials through a web browser, which simplifies both local and remote connection. ‘Thin client’ access helps minimise network traffic and promote self-service.
- General ledger and ebudgeting. At the core of the system is the general ledger with its fully integrated ebudgeting and forecasting module, providing real-time data to managers at all levels. Payroll budgeting and financial asset management modules further enhance the application.
- Debtors. A powerful module for effective debtor management, also available as a standalone module.
- Creditors and purchasing. The creditors module is an integral part of the P2P solution, which incorporates intelligent scanning, full epurchasing with supplier punchout, purchase card and contract management.
- Management reporting. An embedded report management solution services all modules and provides over 250 reports as standard. It also provides customers and suppliers with access to the solution via secure portals.
- Workflow and alerts. Workflow and process management with business alerts help to deliver cash savings and efficiency gains.
Civica Financials provides a low cost of ownership where the system is supplied as a site licence with no limits on the number of users. As a multi-company solution, a shared service licence is available delivering additional savings and efficiency gains.
Flexible deployment options
You can host and manage the system yourself, or choose Civica FinancialsLIVE, a fully managed service delivered from our secure cloud platform, which saves you the costs associated with running, managing and supporting the software yourself. With Civica FinancialsLIVE, you'll be using an assured, efficient service that will help you increase agility and capability more easily in line with changing needs, and reduce your cost of ownership.
We chose Civica because it was a cost-effective solution which meets the council’s needs. The Budgeting and Purchase-to-Pay modules together with the inherent workflow is increasing departmental efficiency.”
Dave Roberts, Head of Finance, Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council
The Commercial Imperative
Finding the right path to achieving a sustainable commercial model