Streamlined and accurate UK payroll, pensions and benefits management with HMRC recognition
Our cloud payroll software is proven to significantly cut the time taken to administer payroll, pensions and benefits in medium to large businesses, education and local government organisations. Its flexibility and multi-company structure make it equally well suited to both in-house and client payroll processing.
Created with the needs of the busy payroller at its centre, Civica Payroll performs fast and accurate calculations supported by tools to improve efficiency, automate processes and connect and share data. Features include a payslip designer, quick view payslips, impressive input flexibility and employee self-service facilities.
For a comprehensive feature list please read on.
Why choose Civica Payroll software?
Reduce risk with HMRC compliance and accurate statutory payments
Engage employees with self-service payslips and expense claims
Increase efficiency with automation and connected data
- Dashboard - At-a-glance information on the status of each pay group, RTI and alerts from HMRC and Civica HR & Payroll.
- Government Gateway - Automatically files returns to HMRC, updates rates and values and downloads notifications. Supports Gender Pay Gap reporting and The Apprenticeship Levy.
- Multi-company - Up to 9,999 companies with different departments, locations, cost-centres, holiday and absence schemes, SCP, pay grades, currencies, working patterns and much more.
- Post-based - Multiple employees per post and multiple posts per employee, with split costing and aggregation of earnings.
- Pay group details - Maintain comprehensive details, define rules and calculation formulae for up to 9,999 different pay groups
- Holiday and absence - Statutory plus numerous company schemes. Supports part-time employees, those in multiple posts and zero hours workers.
- Expenses and benefits – Supports the payrolling of Benefits in Kind (BiK). Integrated P11D module. Multiple salary sacrifice schemes. Gross pay scheme for pension contributions. Interfaces with flexible benefits providers.
- Pensions and auto-enrolment - Supports multiple pension schemes including Occupational Final Salary, Stakeholder, Personal and Group Personal schemes, LGPS and Teachers Pensions Scheme. A link to PenServer is also available. Automates the monitoring of workplace pension eligibility, postponement, opting out and 3-year reminders in line with legislation.
- Payment options - Supports multiple currency payment by BACS, Autopay, credit transfer, cheque and cash.
- Shared payroll service
The flexibility of in-house access to your own payroll software for data entry and ad hoc reporting. We take care of the actual processing, including RTI and payslip production. You can have your payroll software installed in-house or in the Cloud and we can help you decide which is right for you.
- Education payroll software
Civica Payroll software is suitable for individual schools and colleges or for multi-academy trusts.
- Payroll software, outsourcing or shared arrangements available
- Handles multiple companies and employees with multiple posts
- Term-time only working
- Teachers pay spines
- All statutory deductions, TPS, LGPS and special allowances
- Monthly and annual pensions reports
- Local Authority returns
- Teachers' Pensions Online: MDC Extract, Monthly Contributions Breakdown, Summary Report
- Client payroll software
A proven solution for the payroll service bureau environment, key features include:
- Low up-front costs plus a per payslip charge
- Regular legislative and functional updates
- Full UK-based support
- HMRC PAYE RTI approved
- Web portal for your clients to enter new employees, leavers, changes, period variations, sickness and also view payslips and P60s
- Multi-company payroll software - process payrolls for up to 9,999 different companies at no extra cost
- Reduce manual entry with our importer tools - easily import starters, leavers, additional payments and deductions (both one-offs and fixed)
- Integrated P11D module - process expenses and benefits at no extra cost
- Auto-enrolment - monitor eligibility and more and easily export data to clients and pension providers at no extra cost
- Enhanced nominal extract - create complex nominal reports with ease in line with client requirements
- Sick pay schemes - easily create new schemes according to your clients' rules
- Scheduling tools - define when data needs to be in, then schedule and automate reports, RTI and BACS
- Automatically produce costings for invoicing
- Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) payroll software
Civica Payroll Software has HMRC recognition for the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS). It holds details of Subcontractors and their payments, allowing verification online and submission of their monthly returns online.
- Run separate CIS payrolls
- Maintain Subcontractors, Pay Inputs, Processing and Reports.
- Manage the entire HMRC registration and tax returns process using Carval’s Payroll software
- Verify subcontractors online immediately with HMRC
- File monthly returns (CIS300) online (this advises HMRC how much tax you have taken from the subcontractor and is owed to HMRC.)
- Standard reports available include:
- CIS Payslip - Payslip style statement of payment & deduction to give to subcontractor.
- CIS Payment and Deduction Statement - Formal statement emulating HMRC form.
- CIS Payment Summary - Monthly and annual summary of payments & deductions to subcontractors over the tax year.
You may also be interested in
Civica People Hub, our HR software that transforms people management and engages employees.
Civica Managed Payroll
Managed payroll and BACS services that can also be integrated with Civica’s HR and Payroll software.
The latest from Civica UK
Book a demo
By clicking 'SUBMIT', I understand and agree to you using my information to respond to my enquiry and to email me further marketing communications from Civica. You can unsubscribe or select your email preferences anytime through our Email Preference Centre.
Privacy – At Civica we take your privacy seriously. We collect data via our website to operate effectively. We will use the information you provide to respond to your enquiry and to email you further related marketing communications from Civica. You can read our full privacy notice here.