Making democracy happen through integrated design, print and mailing services to support elections
Formerly known as Electoral Reform Services (ERS), we are the UK’s leading independent provider of end-to-end ballot, election and voting services. Every month, our design, print and mailing services help to deliver millions of voting packs.
We have decades of experience producing election materials to help engage voters through compelling communications. Our in-house designers create eye-catching print and digital election materials to support customers in a wide range of sectors, from local authorities, membership organisations to corporates.
Election Print and Mailing Experts
Combining the expertise of our dedicated advisers with unrivalled in-house resources, we co-ordinate election print, mailing and response handling for ballots large and small, all underpinned by the latest technology.
Our secure, transparent and accountable processes mean a wide range of customers also request our services for fee collections, donations and managing appeals.
All our election mailing services are secure, compliant and handled under one roof from start to finish, giving you confidence that your data is secure. We are experienced in delivering to tight deadlines while controlling cost, quality and confidentiality every step of the way.
Why choose Election Print and Mailing?
Up to 3.5m voting packs produced per month
Secure in-house services
Saves money on mailings in the UK and abroad
Our design, print and mailing services for elections and ballots include:
- Design and artwork
From the initial call for nominations to ballot papers, covering letters and e-newsletters, our materials capture voter interest early, helping to improve engagement, maximise turnout and ensure a healthy democratic process.
Design services include:
- Typesetting, artwork, printing and proofing – fast and flexible in-house facilities save time against tight deadlines
- Specialist materials – ensures maximum accessibility with braille and easy-read ballot papers and translation services
- Integrated print and digital design – ensures consistency across all communications and design optimised for each channel
- Secure data management – personalisation of materials is managed securely.
- Print, enclosing and mailing
We print and post a wide range of communications from Canvass Forms during the annual canvass to ballot papers at election time. We invest in the latest printing technology to maximise capacity and offer competitive pricing on mailings.
Our comprehensive print and mailing services include:
- Print solutions - mono, single and full colour printing, with laser, litho and ink-jet options
- Mailing management – a wide range of services to meet your requirements, including envelope overprinting, barcode scanning, folding and perforating, padding, enclosing (DL, C5 and C4) and live proofing.
- Postal response handling and data capture
We provide response handling services to a broad range of projects and sectors. Our counting hall and data capture teams handle over 3 million responses each year. These services include:
- Response handling and data capture – receiving returned postal ballot papers and preparing them for count, verification and results, as well as receipt and data capture for other forms of response
- Annual Canvass communications - receipt and scanning of returned Canvass Enquiry Forms for local authorities.
- Fee collections and donations
We are experienced in processing fee collections, donations and managing appeals for charities, professional bodies, trade unions and political parties. We are able to process direct debits, cheques, cash, online and telephone card payments. We guarantee a three-day turnaround from receipt of payment to your account.
Fee collections and donations services includes:
- Design and personalisation of forms
- Data segmentation
- Secure response handling
- Checks on respondents, flagged against your database
- Full audit trail
- Manual checks and full verification of all cheques
- Authorised team to deposit payments received
- File output and scanned payment slips sent daily
- Thank you letter processing
Halton Borough Council
Your service for the unscheduled 2019 election was excellent - and right in the middle of the printing of the ballot papers for the local election.
You may also be interested in
Helping organisations deliver secure, trusted elections - bringing integrity to results.
CESvotes, the secure online voting platform from the UK’s leading provider of ballot and election services, helps you engage voters and maximise turnout.
Civica Election Services
Making democracy happen - the UK’s leading provider of election services, with over 100 years' experience of administering elections, ballots and consultation processesBack to Civica Election Services