Introducing the South Australian Department for Education’s new Education Management System (EMS)
The South Australian Department for Education’s new Education Management System, (EMS) is a modern, student-centred online service for public schools and pre-schools that supports the department’s ambition to deliver world class education.
View the solution
Watch this 4 minute video for an overview of the Education Management System and how it will free up staff and enable them to focus on helping South Australian children to achieve improved outcomes.
Key features of the EMS
- a single student record that captures all the relevant information about a child’s progress in the public education system
- easier recording of enrolments, family information and movement between schools
- a teacher toolkit to make it simpler to record attendance, behavior management, prepare reports, plan and communicate
- high quality timetabling and scheduling tools
- learning management system to make it easier to track and report on student learning, homework and assignments
- financial management tools to support budgeting, invoicing and procurement
- parent/caregiver portal with 24 hour access to timetables, homework, notifications, events, attendance and achievement
- school administration tools to support site and facilities management
- business analytics to provide teachers, principals, education directors and the department with reports and data to support and guide decision making
Civica will be working alongside key education partners EdSmart, Frog Education, and Yellowfin to deliver an innovative, online 24/7 service, that will streamline and simplify life for staff, parents and students.