Supporting the management needs of Australian schools with an intuitive and flexible solution.
The Civica Education Suite (CES) is a comprehensive set of modules, developed in Australia, for Australian schools. Key features include:
- Cloud based for security and ease of access
- A rich set of tools for administrators, finance managers and teachers
- Flexibility to integrate with the best-of-breed tools in use at your school
- Intuitive and easy to use
We provide a schoolwide management solution that caters for finance staff and administrators, as well as teachers and parents.
Chief Information Officer,
Northern Territory Department of Education
The partnership with Civica, coupled with the committed and capable members of my team, enabled a very cost effective migration and implementation which also provided learning and development opportunities for department staff. The end result has been the smooth delivery of a very complex project with little or no disruption to schools and students.
- School Admin
Next generation web-based school administration
Administrators play an important role in a school and its community. Having access to the right information quickly, and easily is imperative. Developed specifically for school administrators the CES admin module is your single source of truth.
The Central Person Store is the foundation of our solution. This person centric design is matched with the efficient data structures which underpin the Civica Education Suite. It provides all of the functionality required to deliver an efficient and powerful school administration solution which is designed to improve the way your school operates.
Our Admin module provides:
- The ability to track a student’s journey from the initial enquiry through to waitlists, enrolment and alumni
- Streamlined enrolment processes, tightly integrated with our Community Portal to facilitate Online Enquiries and Online Enrolment Applications
- Comprehensive student data management, including attendance, student welfare, extracurricular activities
- All of your federal and state reporting requirements via pre-configured data extractsFlexible reporting tools, including the ability to create adhoc reports and letter templates
- The ability to manage staff records, including registrations, qualifications, medical details and more
- Flexible reporting tools and a comprehensive range of standard reports to support your school
- The ability to add custom school defined fields for students, caregivers and staff via a simple user interface
- Finance and Billing
Next generation school finances made easy
Civica Education has built on our school finance expertise over the last thirty years and we have been leveraging all of this knowledge in our new CE Finance and Billing modules.
We know in some schools there is a requirement to support non finance specialists using a school finance solution which is accessible, forgiving and intuitive. At the same time the system needs to be powerful enough to meet the complex needs of bigger schools and jurisdictions who are running large scale finance operations.
CE Finance and Billing delivers an integrated education specific finance solution, which is accessible at all levels, with a solution that speeds up finance processing, and integrates with the rest of the modules of the Civica Education Suite. This means that no matter what your school’s size, CE Finance allows you to operate more effectively and efficiently and giving you complete peace of mind around your financial operational and reporting requirements.
Our Finance solution provides:
- Full finance capability, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Asset Management and Purchasing.
- Fully configurable automated billing processes, to cater for all fee structures
- Configurable approval workflows
- The ability to cater for schools with multiple independent financial entities
- Accurate cash flow reporting to give current and estimate cash position at any point in time
- Comprehensive suite of standard reports, with the ability to create custom General Ledger Reports
- In addition to the above, our solution provides the option to operate as an enterprise finance solution for groups of schools, which provides:
- The option to centrally manage a register of approved suppliers
- Centralise control over open/closed financial periods
- Centrally managed data submissions
- Centralise financial reporting
- Teacher Toolkit
Our solution provides an intelligent and modular set of teacher tools which streamline administrative classroom tasks and support teaching and learning.
We strongly believe in designing our solution for the device that is most suited to the task, which in the case of our Teacher Tools is mobile devices of varying sizes.
Everything is only one or two clicks away:
- A dashboard with widgets provides immediate access to information
- A flexible task list to guides teachers to make it easy to keep on track with administrative tasks
- Class lists and information with student photos, behaviour summaries, attendance summaries etc
- Timetables and Calendars
- Student Profiles, which provide access to all student related information in the one place
The CE Timetabling module is Australia’s first and only fully web-based enterprise Timetabling solution.
With an intuitive drag and drop interface, our Timetabling module guides your timetable expert through the process of configuring, generating and maintaining school timetables. Although we provide a full end-to-end Timetabling solution, we recognise that some schools may wish to utilise a third-party timetable system to create their timetables. We support this by offering integration with two common Australian vendors.
Our Timetabling solution provides
- A modern web interface that doesn’t compromise system performance
- Significant time savings in timetable automation
- Greater flexibility with version control to create multiple copies of timetables
- Drag and drop functionality to easily and quickly create timetables
- A Timetabling solution to manage simple to the most complex scenarios
- Daily management for covers and events
- Ability to work on your timetable from any internet connected location
- Academic Reporting
Our Academic Reporting module is a fully configurable solution for Primary and Secondary schools.
For administrators it provides:
- Flexible setup to report by subject class (for Secondary Schools) or by roll group and learning area (for Primary Schools).
- Fully configurable for each reporting period and year level, providing full control over how each subject or learning area is reported on
- Standard report templates that can be tailored
- Preconfigured workflows that manage the whole process from data entry, data checking to print readiness and the actual print process
- Academic Reporting Dashboard to assist with the management and tracking of all reporting related tasks
- Automatic reminders for due dates via the Tasks List
- Super-quick access (one click!) to results entry from your dashboard
- Quick and easy data entry
- Syncing of results from Markbook to Academic Reports
- Access to student information (contact details, medical, behaviour records, attendance details, timetable, assessment results) in the collapsible student profile, whilst entering assessment results
- Central Person Store
Managing data and entities effectively
The Civica Education Suite has been developed around a Central Person Store. This provides us with the ability to track individuals and their involvement with one or more schools. We can look at a single person and see what roles they currently hold or have held across all the schools that are part of a single CES deployment. This is important because it provides you with a clean data and comprehensive and accurate information about all the individuals that your school or schools are dealing with.
This core information can flow seamlessly into other applications that have been integrated into the Civica Education Suite, providing you a single point of truth and ensuring all your systems are updated correctly and are up to date. This means you can have peace of mind the data you are looking at is accurate and it saves you time since you only have to enter it once.
CE Central Person Store has a person centric design matched with efficient data structures which underpin the Civica Education Suite. It also includes a front-end web application which provides tools to manage duplicate person records.
- Learning Management
CES provides deep integration with a number of leading learning management partners including Frog Learning and Daymap, ensuring a simplified and streamlined user experience for teachers.
- Community Portal
The Civica Community Portal provides a secure platform to share relevant and up-to-date information with your school community. It acts as the gateway between the schools’ internal workflows, processes and data and the outside community (e.g. caregivers and students) by providing automated workflows that remove the need for paper and forms.
- School news and notifications
- Student information, including absences, behaviour, timetable, events
- Online payments and payment plans
- Online enquiries and applications for prospective parents
- Mark Book
The MarkBook module complements our current reporting to parents’ solution by providing teachers with the ability to record ongoing student assessments.
It is available as an add-on module to Teacher Toolkit and utilises a familiar and easy to use interface. Integration with Academic Reporting allows MarkBook assessments to be published to formal end of term or semester reports, which minimises the need for repetitive data entry.
How can we help transform the way you work?