Cloud-enabled HR and payroll software and managed services focused on the needs of schools, academies and colleges and driven by a strong user community
Civica HR & Payroll for Education combines our extensive experience of delivering software and managed services with specialist sector knowledge. Built on the successful Civica HR & Payroll platform, this solution is tailored to meet the operational, legislative and compliance requirements of schools, academies and colleges. Being part of our user-chaired product enhancement group gives our customers a unique opportunity to drive the roadmap and future development of their software.
Streamline your people processes with automated MIS connectivity
Our cloud-enabled HR software for schools and colleges makes HR transactions easier, more automatic, and more intelligent. It covers the entire employee life-cycle including recruitment and onboarding, absence, performance, training and CPD. For improved efficiency and data accuracy our HR software for education integrates with Capita SIMS, Capita SIMS Primary, iSAMS and Progresso. Users can create new employee records, make record changes and process leavers in either Civica HR or their MIS and the changes will be reflected in the other system without duplicating data entry.
Online education dashboard
Our web-based dashboard delivers targeted interactions specifically for education users, automating processes to enhance services and efficiency. Instant access to intelligent analytics drives deeper insight and greater productivity to improve decisions and outcomes.
- Teachers’ Pensions Scheme - review contributions and salary details
- Single Central Record – generate reports in both default and customised layouts
- Absence impact analytics - with live data
- Budgeting - with current salary costs and forecasting
- Resourcing detail - with a graphical analysis of posts and grades
Improved employee experience
Connecting digitally with your employees and managers improves employee experience and productivity and increases the ability to monitor, measure and react in real-time. Employees can securely access and update information, make bookings and requests 24 hours a day, via a browser or our Mobile App (available for iOS and Android).
Easy reporting & insightful analytics
Benefit from an extensive suite of HR and payroll-focussed reports and graphs and a custom report writer, along with specialist features just for education, including:
- Schools Workforce Census (SWF)
- Staff Individualised Record (SIR)
- Single Central Record (SCR)
- Governors’ KPIs
Simplify payroll & pensions administration
HR & Payroll for Education includes options for processing payroll, pensions and benefits in-house using Civica’s HMRC-recognised Payroll software or for our Payroll Bureau to manage this for you. We’ve added some specific features for schools and colleges to our payroll module, including:
- Education contracts - term-time only working & teachers’ pay spines
- Local Government & Teachers’ Pensions Schemes – with outputs to MDC and the iConnect service
- Monthly & annual pensions extracts – with simple output to Microsoft Excel
- Payroll scheduler – set-up your payroll processing ahead of time
- School payroll portal - for individual schools to securely share data with your payroll team (option).
For those opting to use our payroll bureau service, we provide a web-based portal designed to put schools in control of their own employee payroll data and enable them to share it with Civica in a way that is simple, secure and auditable, promoting efficiency and accuracy.
The Civica solution gives us a clear line of sight into the metrics of our workforce. The ability to shape our people strategy with live data in this way has been transformational.
Sue Elliott, Director of HR, Trust in Learning Academies
Why choose Civica HR & Payroll for Education?
- Improved productivity with connected data and automation
- Reduced risk with ongoing compliance assured
- Strong user community to share experience and drive the roadmap
Start the conversation with Civica