Driving improvement and efficiency in schools
Our comprehensive Education Suite brings together essential information, management and teaching tools to provide the systems foundation to drive school improvement and efficiency.
CES is our latest web-based school management solution for smallest school of 20 students, to our largest customer of 1,600 schools - and everywhere in between. It provides anytime, anywhere access from any devices and is delivered from Civica’s secure Australian data centres.
Use of the system is simple for teachers, parents and students and this will create efficiencies for the school when it comes to collecting, managing and using their data. Educational leaders are able to use our analytics tools to interrogate the data captured, and in turn be sure that they are making data driven decisions for the students and their school.
A combination of our person centric design (based upon the SIF AU interoperability data model), and our unique Central Person Store ensure that data is entered and used as required. This applies to both Civica and non Civica products. When used across a group of schools, information can even be transferred or shared between schools.
Whatever your role in the education community, you can be assured that the Civica Education Suite was designed to allow your organisation to make the most of the data. This ensures that each person will get the maximum possible value from the solution.
The partnership with Civica, coupled with the committed and capable members of my team, enabled a very cost effective migration and implementation which also provided learning and development opportunities for department staff. The end result has been the smooth delivery of a very complex project with little or no disruption to schools and students.
Satpinder Daroch, Chief Information Officer, Northern Territory Department of Education
Northern Territory Department of Education complete the rollout and implementation of their next generation, enterprise school management system.
Why choose the Civica Education Suite
Single identity management
System wide or individual school management.
Central Person Store and single sign on
Features of the Civica Education Suite
- Shares data with other systems
- Provisions accounts with a rich set of identity information
- Provides a core, single identity for each user - with roles & schools attached to the identity as attributes
- Uses a standards based approach to allow single sign on to other applications
- All components share a core set of identity data from a Central Data Store and the Central Person Store to allow for cross application data sharing, single sign on and identity management.
Next generation web based school administration
Civica’s educational expertise has evolved from the development, implementation and support of five different school management solutions, deployed across Australia over the last thirty years. This expertise has driven the development of our next generation enterprise school administration solution with functionality continuously refined through engagement with our Australian educational customers.
CE School Admin has an intuitive and easy to use interface
The Central Person Store is the foundation of our solution. This person centric design matched with the efficient data structures which underpin the Civica Education Suite. It provides all of the functionality required to deliver an efficient and powerful school administration solution which is designed to improve the way your school operates.
CE School Administration gives you:
- A comprehensive and powerful web based school administration system
- A person centric design with information only entered once
- Deep Integration with other modules from the Civica Education Suite
- The ability to manage enrolments quickly and easily
- The ability to manage current and future students
- The ability to manage all family information
- The ability to manage all staff information
- Flexible reporting tools and a comprehensive range of standard reports to support your school
Next generation school finances made easy
Civica Education has built on our school finance expertise over the last thirty years and we have been leveraging all of this knowledge in our new CE Finance and Billing modules.
We know in some schools there is a requirement to support non finance specialists using a school finance system which is accessible, forgiving and intuitive. At the same time the system needs to be powerful enough to meet the complex needs of bigger schools and jurisdictions who are running large scale finance operations.
CE Finance and Billing delivers an integrated education specific solution, which is accessible at all levels, with a solution that speeds up finance processing, and integrates with the rest of the modules of the Civica Education Suite. This means that no matter what your size, CE Finance allows you to operate more effectively and efficiently, and giving you complete peace of mind around your financial operational and reporting requirements.
CE Billing is an integrated school specific and flexible billing module.
CE Finance is configurable to a school's requirements and is an evolution of our Maze Finance system which is already used in over 2,000 schools. We’ve taken the best of Maze Finance, added a range of improvements, and made it all accessible via a web browser.
CE Finance gives you:
- A comprehensive and proven school specific finance system with a powerful and flexible billing module
- Browser delivered with secure local or central deployment options
- Deep Integration with Civica school management systems or other third party systems
- Multiple previous years history
- Processing in more than one period
- ‘One Click’ error corrections
- Bank statement import and auto-reconciliation
- Add notes and electronic attachments to transactions or accounts
- Accurate cash flow reporting to give current and estimate cash position at any point in time
- Ability to import and export data quickly and easily into a range of applications
- Integration with CE Analytics including budgeting and forecasting
- In addition to the above, our solution provides the option to operate as an enterprise finance solution, which provides:
- The option to manage a register of approved suppliers
- Centralised control over open/closed financial periods
- Centrally managed data submissions
- Centralised financial reporting
A better toolkit for teachers
Our new solution provides an intelligent and modular set of teacher tools which streamline administrative classroom tasks and support teaching and learning.
We strongly believe in designing our solution for the device that is most suited to the task, which in the case of our Teacher Tools is mobile devices of varying sizes.
Everything is only one or two clicks away:
- A dashboard with widgets provides immediate access to information
- A flexible task list to guides teachers to make it easy to keep on track with administrative tasks
- Class lists and information with student photos, behaviour summaries, attendance summaries etc
- Timetables and Calendars
- Student Profiles, which provide access to all student related information in the one place
- Results entry for reporting to parents
Coming Term 4 2017!
We are getting close to releasing Australia’s first fully web-based enterprise Timetabling solution, which will be released in term 4 2017. This will offer a new user interface to guide your timetable expert through the process of configuring and generating a school timetable.
This solution is being developed with constant input from school timetable experts, which will ensure that it ticks all the boxes. Whilst we are re-using the powerful algorithm used by our current Maze Timetabling solution, many improvements have been made and a modern and intuitive drag-and-drop interface has been introduced.
In addition to configuring a timetable and generating solution, this module also manages teachers extras (covers), events and exam timetables.
In addition, it provides a simple and easy to use interface for primary schools to setup basic session structures, which can be utilised for attendance management and/or academic reporting
Our Academic Reporting module is a fully configurable solution for Primary and Secondary schools.
For administrators it provides:
- Flexible setup to report by subject class (for Secondary Schools) or by roll group and learning area (for Primary Schools).
- Fully configurable for each reporting period and year level, providing full control over how each subject or learning area is reported on
- Standard report templates that can be tailored
- Preconfigured workflows that manages the whole process from data entry, data checking to print readiness and the actual print process
- Academic Reporting Dashboard to assist with the management and tracking of all reporting related tasks
- Automatic reminders for due dates via the Tasks List
- Super-quick access (one click!) to results entry from your dashboard
- Quick and easy data entry
- Access to student information (contact details, medical, behaviour records, attendance details, timetable, assessment results) in the collapsible student profile, whilst entering assessment results
Central Person Store
Managing data and entities effectively
The Civica Education Suite has been developed around a Central Person Store. This provides us with the ability to track individuals and their involvement with one or more schools. We can look at a single person and see what roles they currently hold or have held across all the schools that are part of a single CES deployment. This is important because it provides you with a clean data and comprehensive and accurate information about all the individuals that your school or schools are dealing with.
This core information can flow seamlessly into other applications that have been integrated into the Civica Education Suite, providing you a single point of truth and ensuring all your systems are updated correctly and are up to date. This means you can have peace of mind the data you are looking at is accurate and it saves you time since you only have to enter it once.
CE Central Person store has a person centric design matched with efficient data structures which underpin the Civica Education Suite. It also includes a front end web application which provides tools to manage duplicate person records.
CE Central Person Store gives you
- A robust backbone system for managing data and entities
- Deep Integration with Civica Education Suite or other third party systems
- An efficient way of managing data and entities
- Bi-directional connectivity
- A purpose built integration layer which is flexible and powerful
- Interoperability using common standards
Evidence based decision making for your school
Our Business intelligence solution is powered by Yellowfin, a powerful and leading BI solution with a world-wide user base.
This module can be configured to sit across a single or multiple schools and provide access to analyse enrolments, waitlists, student behaviours/attendance/results, financial performance etc.
Our School Intelligence solution puts information at your fingertips and provides answers to questions that you haven’t even thought of yet.