6th February 2019
Orchard Care Homes improves quality & performance with Civica
With the help of Civica’s Coldharbour software, Orchard Care Homes, has built up quality and compliance standards throughout their homes across England and Wales.
Over the last decade, Orchard Care Homes has built up a large portfolio of owned or managed care and nursing homes with great emphasis on delivering quality and excellence, to become a major care provider. In 2013, the challenge of a rapidly growing business and a need for efficient business systems and processes led them to select Civica’s Coldharbour Residential Care solution, a single and highly scalable group-wide care home solution.
The vision of Orchard Care Homes for a single solution
Though Orchard Care Homes has consolidated its portfolio of homes in recent years, with substantial growth over a 5-year period came the realisation, Orchard Care Home’s previous IT systems and processes required significant improvement and enhancement to meet the challenges of running a larger care home business.
The need to replace multiple systems across the organisation with one integrated solution would allow information to be shared at home level and to be centrally managed to ensure integrity of data, particularly for reporting purposes.
- Increased occupancy levels through comprehensive enquiry and real-time marketing management
- Improved staff productivity and maximised resources through automation of complex income processing requirements, client administration & billing
- Better visibility of debt management at a local level
- Reduced risk through assessment and care management with real-time workflow and escalation procedures
- Efficient and accurate pay calculations, based on actual time worked with biometric time and attendance
- Enhanced visibility and reporting of data across all areas via dashboard reporting tools.
Civica has delivered a scalable enterprise solution which is supporting our business strategy and improving our performance. Civica has demonstrated their ability to deliver complex systems under challenging timescales.”
Deborah Johnson, Chief Financial Officer, Orchard Care Homes