Everybody should feel that they belong in the workplace. At Civica, you can bring your full selves to work.
If you’re after a career where you’re rewarded and recognised on merit, not for who you are or who you know, then you’ve come to the right place.
We’re making sure our facilities are equipped for people with disabilities. We have an inclusive recruitment process in place. And we’re making diversity and inclusion training mandatory.
You can also join one of our employee led groups to effect positive change and seek support.
- 60+: For our mature colleagues.
- Accessibility: For employees with disability and accessibility requirements and their allies.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse: For culturally and linguistically diverse employees and their allies.
- Early careers: For our rising stars, junior talent and their sponsors
- First Nations: For First Nations Peoples and their allies.
- LGBTQIA+: For members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, intersex and asexual community, and their allies.
- Menopause: For colleagues going through the menopause or wanting to learn more.
- Parents and guardians: For parents, parents-to-be, returners, fosterers, carers, guardians, grandparents, single parents, and everyone in between.
- Race and ethnicity: For people of underrepresented races and ethnicities and their allies.
- Wellness: To support a healthy workplace.
- Women: For women in the workplace and their allies, focusing on women in leadership roles and women in tech.
People & Organisational Development
We must exhibit conscious behaviours that are free of prejudice towards gender. We should stand up to gender bias when we see it and help to raise awareness.
The more diverse our global workforce, the more informed the decisions we can make for our customers, supporting the communities in which we work.
We partner with Young Enterprise for employees to mentor and inspire young people to choose a tech career. Our Coding for Kids scheme, launched and developed by a female graduate, has involved several schools across Northern Ireland.
We regularly monitor the makeup of our people, based on data they voluntarily provide. It’s not the full picture, but it gives us a good indication on which groups are underrepresented at Civica.
We champion women in technology with a good gender balance and most recently achieved White Ribbon workplace accreditation in Australia, recognising organisations' active role in preventing violence against women. We fully support gender pay gap reporting, for which we aim to continue our improvement.
A signatory to the UK's Tech Talent Charter and the Armed Forces Covenant, we're committed to inclusive recruitment and benchmarking our progress. We've worked towards reducing the opportunity for unconscious bias, including anonymising CVs, ensuring job ads use gender-neutral language, and ensuring that recruitment channels and interview panels represent our candidates.
Black History Month should be part of mainstream learning
With this year’s Black History Month theme of ‘Saluting our sisters’, Louise pays tribute to her mother and celebrates her own Black history.Read more
Black History Month – celebrating exceptional achievements
We need to highlight the incredible achievements of black women in societyRead more