11th February 2020
The Henderson Group deploys Civica's TranSend ePOD on Zebra TC55 mobile devices to optimise delivery efficiency to 400 SPAR and ViVO stores and the catering industry across Northern Ireland
The new delivery management solution provides The Henderson Group with a centralised delivery portal across the entire delivery operation and is integrated with their WMS and route planning systems to provide a single view of all delivery data, which means that Control Centre staff no longer need to navigate multiple systems and screens.
The TranSend ePOD app allows The Henderson Group to manage the entire driver’s day from log-on and depot departure through to depot return and driver debrief. This includes:
- Login checks to verify drivers against routes
- Workflow to handle variable customer delivery requirements such as Drop & Go, Drop & Lock, COD, etc.
- Dynamic updates with new driver tasks/deliveries throughout the day.
- Recording uplifts, handling credits and split-cases.
- Two-way messaging between the driver and back office.
- Recording of notes and photographs against each delivery, available in real-time to the back office for immediate debrief and to speed up any credit due.
- Vehicle checks and defect reporting.
- Delivery asset tracking and balance management for cages, milk crate dollies, etc.
The Henderson Group is committed to ensuring that its customer supply chain is as efficient and cost-effective as possible. TranSend ePOD has been implemented to support this aim with comprehensive, real-time visibility and tracking of deliveries.
Pat McGarry, Logistics Director at The Henderson Group, explains how TranSend ePOD supports their plans for service excellence:
“We wanted an ‘out-of-the-box’ solution that was simple and intuitive to use for our own and any agency drivers, with the depth of workflow functionality to manage customer-specific requirements at each stop and down to product detail level for variables such as temperature and weights. TranSend enables us to provide a more flexible and efficient delivery service across both our Wholesale and Foodservice businesses with real-time information that enables us to pro-actively manage our delivery process.”
With the new TranSend ePOD system, The Henderson Group are already seeing operational benefits:
- A configurable, real-time back-office dashboard view, tracking all vehicles and deliveries at any time.
- ETAs, updated in real time.
- Real-time exception alerts for proactive management of the delivery process, including temperature tolerance.
- Accurate credit calculation for exceptions and returns, including catch weight foods and split cases for cash-on-delivery or immediate invoicing.
- Enhanced vehicle checks, with intelligent walk-round sequence and full defect reporting.
Read more Transport case studies