30th December 2016
Experienced OnDemand staff give Bath & NE Somerset Council flexibility and expertise
Budgetary pressures and structural changes presented the benefits team with major challenges.
In early 2015, Bath and North East Somerset Council’s benefits staff needed to release some officers from front line duties to work on the FERIS fraud reduction initiative, meaning that additional resources were needed to provide cover. But taking on new permanent staff was not an option.
The solution: Civica’s flexible OnDemand service
So in April 2015, Roy Cafferky - Telephony Operations Manager Customer Services at Bath and North East Somerset Council engaged Civica’s OnDemand service, starting with two full time equivalent staff to back-fill for the re-assigned benefits officers.
- Instant access to highly trained personnel experienced in the Northgate system
- Flexibility to quickly adjust to changing staffing requirements
- Avoids the costs of recruiting and potentially dismissing permanent staff
- No need for hand-holding or time-consuming training thanks to consistency of staff
- Input from experienced OnDemand staff on potential system improvements
- Quick and easy OJEU compliant frameworks available to satisfy procurement
If someone is inexperienced, you need several years for them to become super competent. We also needed people who could hit the ground running with the Northgate system.
Roy Cafferky, Telephony Operations Manager Customer Services at Bath and North East Somerset Council