2nd September 2022
Internal Account Manager – HR & Payroll
Location: Home Based with occasional travel
Job reference: 1044
Skills / Experience: telesales, account management,
Are you an enthusiastic Internal Account Manager looking for a new and challenging role?
Do you want the chance to support a growing, leading software organisation?
We are looking to recruit a target-driven & customer focussed IAM to join Civica’s HR & Payroll division to support an existing customer base.
The ideal candidate will have 12-18 months experience in similar role, have a good work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
The IAM will build long-term relationships with existing customers to create incremental sales by convincing customers to change.
The Internal Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Achieve annual incremental gross margin targets, as set by the Company at the outset of the financial year.
- Build and maintain a strong and accurate pipeline, sufficient to achieve/exceed target.
- Deliver accuracy of +/- 10% in your sales forecasts.
- Build, then execute a Territory Plan to explain how you will maximise the return from the customers and product/solution whitespace in your territory.
- Manage every aspect of the sales cycle, from initial preparation and customer engagement through to deal closure and handover to delivery.
- Qualify every opportunity using recognised tools, to ensure effort is only expended on deals with a strong likelihood of closure.
- Understand the competitive landscape you are operating in, be capable of positioning Civica to win by emphasizing our differentiators.
- Contribute to the evolution of product/service roadmaps in your market.
- Maximise revenue recognition by constructing optimal commercials terms.
- Excellent business acumen with commercial and strategic focus
- Sound contractual knowledge and highly competent negotiator
- High quality written and oral communication
- Ability to travel for team meetings and sales related activities
- 12-18 months experience in similar role
- Experience of working with public sector clients desirable but not essential
Studies have shown that certain underrepresented groups of people are less likely to apply for a job that they don’t 100% match. At Civica, we’re committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel.
So, if you like the sound of this opportunity but you don’t meet all of the requirements then please apply. You could be the perfect candidate for this or other opportunities within Civica.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica has different affinity groups in place, where people can share experiences and put forward their ideas, suggestions and recommendations to make Civica an even more inclusive organisation for everyone. Our groups are for anyone who wants to support and ally with that community and include: Early careers, accessibility, parents and guardians, wellness, LGBTQIA+, race and ethnicity and many more.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.