18th July 2022
Developer in Test Engineer
Location: Home based UK
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 2072
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Skills: Java 8 and 11, Junit, Cucumber, Gherkin, Jenkins, Maven
We are looking to recruit a Developer in Test Engineer for Civica’s Central Government Professional Services Team. Joining an established & talented Development Practice you will be responsible for working with a wide range of customers on varied and interesting market leaving development projects.
The Developer in Test Engineer will have commercial experience of testing enterprise level systems that incorporate microservice architectures and web applications You will be responsible for the Implementation and maintenance of reusable automation testing components and frameworks.
Significant experience of the following technologies:
- Java 8 and 11
- JUnit, Cucumber and Gherkin syntax
- Jenkins, Maven
- Docker Swarm
- JIRA, Git (BitBucket) and Confluence
Experience of the following practices:
- TDD and BDD techniques
- Performance & load testing
- Security testing
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.