26th May 2022
Azure Data Engineer
Location: Home Based UK with some occasional travel
Job reference: 1993
Skills: Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, Azure data factory, data pipelines, SQL Server, Python, Spark
We are looking to recruit an Azure Data Engineer to join our Data & Analytics Practice. The group helps clients with all aspects Digital Transformation from developing their digital and data strategies, through designing and implementing data-centric solutions to supporting business change.
Our clients are looking to their data for the insight they need to reduce costs and to improve outcomes.
Responsibilities will be broad and include –
- Define, update and deliver the DevOps model including CI/CD pipelines for the Azure Data Platform in line with wider GTS standards
- Maintain and update the Data Platform Framework ensuring effective ingestion, storage and transformation of data through the stages of the data lake
- Design and implement data integrations between the Azure Data Platform and operational systems both on premises and in the cloud
- Build data pipelines for data throughout the Azure Data Platform stages, integrating data management best practices at all stage transitions suitable for their use case, e.g. reporting or archival of data from operational systems or unstructured data stores, Azure Data Platform housekeeping
- Develop data sets which are optimised for their given use case, e.g. self-service analytics, paginated reports or machine learning and advanced analytics
- Reverse engineer existing data solutions and business developed application to redevelop into the Azure Data Platform
- Migrate data from legacy reporting solutions on the Azure Data Platform to ensuring that data integrity and service levels are maintained
- This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Engineering professional seeking a role working in consultancy for a leading public sector technology partner.
To be considered you will need strong skills in Azure d Azure Data Services (including Data Factory, Databricks, Synapse Analytics, Data Lake). You should also have some technical skills in Power BI, SQL and have worked in Agile software development teams. You’ll work with end customers of Civica so will need good communication skills. You should also be comfortable with training and developing people.
About The Company
Civica are a leading provider of digital solutions and managed services for public sector and regulated markets. We help organisations around the world to deliver better outcomes for people and places.
- Top rated employer - Glassdoor
- Accredited, ‘Investors in People’ - Gold
Civica is an international software company and a global leader in public services technology with more than 3,000 customers across 10 countries.
- 21 years of unbroken growth
- 9 years average length of service
- 1 in 4 vacancies filled through internal promotion
In return Civica can offer a competitive salary & package and the opportunity join a leading software and solutions company that has gone through a sustained period of growth.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity & equality - Financial Times 2020.
At Civica we are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. At Civica we recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.