9th August 2022
Location: Remote with office visits bi-monthly
Job Reference: 2121
Skills: Education Systems experience eg: Liquidlogic - EYES (Early Years & Education System), SQL Databases, Capita One
Are you an Application Specialist that is looking for their next step and are looking to grow into a leading role? Do you want to join a Top Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
We are looking to recruit an Application Specialist to join our outsourced team based on site with a customer in Luton. Working as part of an established team you will work as a technical lead on support and project work for the Liquidlogic Early Years & Education System (EYES). Following a recent migration to EYES this is an excellent opportunity for someone to own its continuous development and improvement.
About the role
- As the Application Specialist you will Investigate and analyse nominated or assigned application requirements, incidents and problems, within agreed framework
- Take a proactive approach when carrying out incidents / problem analysis. Identify underlying root cause analysis and offer permanent resolution
- Work with Customers, and Technical Teams on complex incidents / problems, devising solutions
- Utilise internal Service Desk Management System to investigate and resolve incidents and requests within the agreed SLA.
- Update and add items to the Service Desk Knowledge Base
- Identify and implement effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed operational processes.
- Adhere to the Change and Problem Management policies and processes. Proactively review request for change submissions. Attend Change Advisory Board meetings, and contribute where appropriate, ensuring updates are shared with the wider team following Change Advisory Board
- Have an understanding of any relevant technology, standards, legislation that relate to specific business areas
- Evaluate and assess service desk tickets to identify trends, training needs, business development improvements and opportunities.
What we will need from you
- Logical, analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Experience with EYES or Education Management is essential
- Able to communicate technical matters both orally and in writing to non-technical people.
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to meet targets and manage expectations.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work within a team environment.
- Report writing
- Experience of supporting Service Specific Applications
- Experience of producing reports for customers, and management
- Experience of supporting and/or developing applications/systems to support business specific needs.
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.