Civica WanStaX is a portfolio of licensable software components designed to allow the telecommunications industry to harness the full potential of your network processors.
WanStaX supports Next-Generation Broadband and Ethernet based services with migration to OpenFlow enabled devices. It provides extensive integration with MicroChip’s WinPath, delivering a quality modular software solution for a diverse range of network applications.
Civica’s market leading software addresses challenges faced by network equipment manufacturers. The solutions are not only cost-effective but are also customisable and offer an accelerated route to market.
The difference we make
- Endorsed partners with MicroChip
- Accelerate time to market with reduced cost and enhanced functionality
- Tailored expert services to customise products to suit your requirements
- WanStax Application Framework
Our WanStaX Application Framework is a market ready, richly featured, extensible control plane software solution specifically designed for the MicroChip WinPath network processor family.
Through the WanStaX Application Framework ‘out of the box’ feature set, customers can have the key aspects of a software solution built and demonstrable literally in days. Our WanStaX Application Framework allows customers to focus on the ‘business logic’ of their solutions rather than the intricacies of configuring WinPath.
- A uniform and simplified application front end to the WinPath WDDI driver layer
- Fast adaption to new hardware designs via its unique Hardware Abstraction layer
- Accelerated development of WDDI applications using our off-the-shelf WDDI building blocks, including VLAN VRF Routing, VLAN and Non-VLAN Aware Bridging, IEEE 802.1Q Provider Bridging (Stacked VLAN’s) and QoS
- Utilisation of the latest WinPath Hardware Accelerators including PCE and IWGP
- Multi-threaded access to WDDI via the WAF API layer
- Extensive abstracted interface to the target OS with Linux and VxWorks® supported
- MicroChip's WinPath network processor family running the latest WDDI API
- Our WanStaX Carrier Ethernet control stacks can optionally be delivered pre-integrated to the WanStaX Application Framework:
- Link Aggregation 802.3ad
- Connectivity Fault Management 802.3ag
- Link OAM 802.3ah
- Performance Management Y.1731
- Our WanStaX Application Framework is provided in a mixture of modules in source code (for those modules requiring modification for the particular application) and pre-compiled binary libraries
- Source code and user documentation
- Simulation package allowing accelerated x86-based host development and testing
- We offer support and maintenance for all software provided
- We also provide Professional Services from a pool of expert staff that has provided specialist WinPath capability to a large number of customers worldwide
- WanStax OpenFlow
Software Defined Networking (SDN) is an emerging network architecture where network control is decoupled from forwarding and is directly programmable. The flexibility and high throughput of MicroChip’s WinPath Network processor portfolio makes it an ideal technology choice for network elements that customers need to be ‘SDN Ready’.
Our WanStaX software portfolio includes the necessary features to support OpenFlow-based forwarding, in parallel with ‘traditional’ network architectures which makes it easy for enterprises and carriers to progressively introduce OpenFlow based SDN technologies when WanStaX is deployed.
- OpenFlow-Hybrid switch
- All OpenFlow 1.3.4 mandatory features supported
- Integration with EOAM, CFM and LAG
- VLAN and PBB support
- Quality of Service and PCP/DSCP remark support
- Advanced metering support
- NETCONF OFConfig-1.2 supported
- Additional Support for fixed TTP models
- MicroChip’s WinPath network processor family including WinPath3, WinPath3SL and WinPath4 running the latest WDDI API
- WanStax Carrier Ethernet
Our WanStaX Carrier Ethernet is a portfolio of market ready, rich featured, Carrier Ethernet control stack solutions that incorporate Link Aggregation, Link OAM, CFM and Performance Monitoring.
WanStaX Carrier Ethernet components are specifically designed for the vMicroChip WinPath network processor family.
- An OS abstracted, standards compliant implementation of LAG (802.3ad), Link OAM (802.3ah), CFM (802.3ag) and PM (Y.1731) Ethernet protocols
- Example reference applications to accelerate integration, customer and third party products
- Working demonstrations ready to deploy on MicroChip’s WDS hardware reference platforms
- Each control stack within the WanStaX Carrier Ethernet components is provided with a comprehensive documentation set and explanation of the reference applications, including details of how to port and build the stack for a new compiler or OS as well as step-by-step guides for integrating with a target solution
- MicroChip’s WinPath network processor family running the latest WDDI API
- WanStaX Carrier Ethernet components are compatible with our WanStaX Application Framework - an extensible control plane software solution specifically designed for the MicroChip WinPath network processor family
Licensing & Deliverables
- We offer a flexible, royalty free commercial model; offered on a ‘per product line’ basis as a single license fee
- Simulation package allowing accelerated x86-based host development and testing. We offer support and maintenance for all software provided
- We also provide Expert Services from a pool of experienced engineers that have provided specialist WinPath knowledge and capability to a large number of customers worldwide
- WanStax Network Interface
Our WanStaX Network Interface Device (NID) packages provide all the software equipment manufacturers need to support all the functional requirements for MEF transport and service NIDs.
Our portfolio has been designed to run on all MicroChip WDS3 and WDS4 reference hardware platforms utilising the flexibility and power of the WinPath.
Using the OpenFlow interface it is possible to extend the functionality of the solution to support standard layer 3 link state and distance vector routing protocols. WanStaX optionally contains a micro OpenFlow controller that runs on the target board providing support for OSPF, RIP, BGP, ISIS and LDP via the Quagga networking routing software suite.
- Full Service and Transport NID support
- Type 1.2, 2.1 and 2.2 NID solutions are available.
- Full OAM support (with hardware acceleration) , 802.3ah, 802.1ag, MEF 13, MEF 20, Y.1731 and 802.1AX.
- Full VLAN 802.1Q support.
- Support for E-Line/E-Tree and E-LAN as specified in MEF 6.1.
- Comprehensive QoS support.
- Traffic policing and shaping MEF 10.2.
- MPLS-TP G.8131 G.8132.
- Sync E and IEEE 1588v2 support.
- OpenFlow enabled (Q4 2013).
- OSFP, RIP, BGP, ISIS, LDP (Q1 2014)
- Ethernet demarcation NID MEF 12.1.1
- Mobile backhaul
Civica have supported Virtual Access with a variety of telecoms based solutions over a period of 10 years. The team’s expert knowledge and the WanStaX product portfolio capabilities have enabled us to support our full life-cycle legacy migration services on a number of key projects.
The combination of Xalyo HW and Civica WanStaX means we can now engage with more customers due to the mobile Backhaul and Carrier Ethernet and help accelerate their time to market for ATM PWE3 and other PWE3 technologies applications.
Find out more about how Civica can transform the way you work