5th February 2018
Out-of-hours contact centre supports the residents of Hull
If an emergency arises in Hull outside of normal working hours, the council is just a phone call away, with Civica's round-the-clock support on a single number.
If a Hull resident needs to report a noise nuisance or social care issue, or request an urgent housing repair, they don’t have to check what time it is before ringing the council. At any time of the day or night, they can call a single number to report problems and emergencies ranging from anti-social behaviour to safeguarding issues.
Hull City Council partners with Civica to deliver both the daytime contact centre service and the out-of-hours (OOH) cover on weekday nights and at weekends. The OOH service also operates over Christmas and other holiday periods, to ensure Hull’s 260,000 residents can get the help and support they need with urgent issues at any time.
- Out-of-hours support for emergency housing repairs, social care, safeguarding and other urgent issues for Hull residents
- Convenience: contact centre accessible on the same phone number day and night
- Emergency duty team supporting the police and other professionals on safeguarding issues, releasing council managers from out-of-hours cover
- Optimised call-handling by fully trained and supported advisors
- Flexible, scalable out-of-hours service, expandable to provide similar cover to other councils.
From the point of view of the council and the police, the Civica team is doing a brilliant job of delivering Hull’s out-of-hours contact centre and emergency duty team services.”
Andy Brown, City Customer Services and Transformational Manager, Hull City Council