18th April 2018
Corporate car pool keeps Dumfries & Galloway Council moving
Dumfries & Galloway Council already used Civica Tranman for fleet control and management. Unable to find a suitable solution for corporate car pool bookings, it opted to work with Civica to add the required functionality to Tranman.
- 12% cost savings on staff travel over two years
- 75-tonne reduction in annual carbon emissions
- 80% car pool utilisation — exceeding the council’s target and reducing grey fleet reliance
- Improved vehicle and driver safety with tracking technology and panic buttons in every pool car
- Easy-to-use online booking system developed in Civica Tranman avoids the need for fleet team involvement.
We looked at several commercially available booking systems, but none were designed for running an in-house pool fleet. So we worked with Civica to develop a pool car booking system in Tranman.”
Harry Thomson, Head of Business, Support and Professional Services, Dumfries & Galloway Council