Universal Credit full service readiness workshop
Supporting your planning, ensuring you're ready for full service
Transition to full service Universal Credit (UC) significantly impacts service delivery, particularly in support of the most financially vulnerable residents.
The wide ranging impact is felt beyond benefit teams, with ramifications across the local authority. With such high levels of change required, your preparation cannot start too early. Unlike the move to the live service, the impact is felt from day one and in much larger volumes – you need to be ready.
How can Civica help?
Our service readiness workshop will help you to:
- identify the risks and issues you face when migrating to full service
- develop robust plans to mitigate the impacts
- focus resources in key areas in order to deliver efficient services that support vulnerable residents.
Whilst this is a one-day workshop, we prepare tailored content in advance to ensure we tackle your local issues, taking into account your authority's caseload, team structure, policies and procedures.
What the workshop will cover
Full service requires a complex programme of work alongside your business as usual operations. As such widespread changes are required, our workshop will support you in ensuring you have robust plans in place and will cover:
- Whether your structure is fit for purpose to meet changing customer demand
- Your workforce planning strategy and workflow trends for new claims, changes and overpayment recovery
- The best approach to financial inclusion, considering Personal Budgeting Support, Discretionary Housing Payments, Local Welfare Assistance, bond or rent in advance, and other additional housing support outside of Housing Benefit and UC
- How you will manage the changing face of your relationships with Jobcentre Plus, housing and support providers, to minimise rising levels of debt
- How partnership working with community sites and volunteer groups can really add value and improve service delivery
- Whether you're accurately assessing the impact on homelessness functions, preventing evictions and maintaining availability of move-on accommodation
- The real impact of UC’s digital-by-design approach and whether your local provision is adequate
The Universal Credit preparation workshop delivered for South Gloucestershire Council was extremely useful and thought-provoking. It helped us to identify the key areas of focus for our planning in preparation for the roll-out of Full-Service Universal Credit. I would recommend the workshop as a great starting point for any implementation plans.”
James Alden, Customer Services Manager, South Gloucestershire Council