16th June 2022
Job title: Junior Technical Analyst
Location: Home based with occasional travel to Leeds office
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job reference: 2025
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Are you looking to join a top UK based software company? Would you like to be part of a leading software provider to public sector organisations which offers a highly rewarding long term career?
Civica is the largest provider of IT Solutions to the Public Sector in the UK. We develop and deliver a broad range of bespoke software solutions that we develop and deliver into Local Government and the NHS, (including Education, Housing, Pensions, Emergency Services, Health & Social Care etc.)...and we are still growing!
We’ve opened up a great opportunity a motivated and ambitious individual to join our HR & Parol Service Delivery Team.
The responsibility of the Junior Technical Analyst is to ensure the provision of high-quality, responsive support to the Civica HRP Hosted Customer base, plus potentially those with on-premises installations.
- To respond to technical incidents and requests within the customer environment, ensuring that these are dealt with in a professional manner, within the SLA and to the satisfaction of the customer. This may include creation of Windows user accounts, software patching, SQL backups and restores.
- Follow and enhance a regime of product upgrades and patching
- Utilise internal test systems and remote support methods to investigate reported faults.
- To retain ownership of all issues passed to you until resolution.
- To communicate and liaise as necessary with others, including within other teams.
- Assist with issues that are occurring, primarily whilst the customer is still in the project phase and occasionally beyond.
- Assist with product testing when required.
- A willingness to learn, with the ability to express gaps in knowledge and able to ask for assistance when faced with an unknown scenario
- Effective personal management: able to work under pressure, manage workload and achieve deadlines, ability to manage priorities and expectations both internally and with customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to provide clear and effective reporting and documentation.
- Ability to manage expectations and control change in an IT environment
- Self-starter, driven to learn
- Understanding of Windows Server administration
- Basic knowledge of database and SQL queries
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.