30th August 2022
Location: Home Based with some travel (Theale office, once a month)
Job Reference: 2147
Benefits: comprehensive benefits, bonus (25 days holiday (option to buy more holiday) pension, medical cover, life cover, discounted gym membership, various
Skills: software development, BA, Business Analysis, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, wireframing
Working within the Modern.Gov team, the Business Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that Business requirements for new and existing product developments are identified, evaluated, and fully documented.
Life at Civica
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth.
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2022: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Working closely with the Technical Director, Managing Director and others to review priorities and timescales for product delivery and customer needs. Both as part of annual BP4D process, and ongoing through the year.
- Put plans in place to deliver the necessary analysis for approved projects.
- Creation, management and review of requirements, design, estimates and other materials in accordance to the Civica standard Scoping & Estimating processes
- Influencing the product strategy by continuously monitoring market needs, taking into account technological advances, competitor products and the changing requirements of customers
- Review and management of incoming enhancement requests and production defect fixes, and help prioritise developments for release
Essential skills / experience:
- Knowledge of agile practices (scrum) of software development
- Experience of managing and capturing internal and customer requirements and expectations
- Commercially astute with the gravitas, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Preferred skills / Experience –
- Relevant Business Analyst qualifications
- Experience of the Local Government markets
- Experience of using wireframing/prototyping tools
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps for successful development projects
- UK Driving license and willing to travel/work away from home where necessary
We welcome applications
Studies have shown that certain underrepresented groups of people are less likely to apply for a job that they don’t 100% match. At Civica, we’re committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel.
So, if you like the sound of this opportunity but you don’t meet all of the requirements then please apply. You could be the perfect candidate for this or other opportunities within Civica.
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica has different affinity groups in place, where people can share experiences and put forward their ideas, suggestions and recommendations to make Civica an even more inclusive organisation for everyone. Our groups are for anyone who wants to support and ally with that community and include: Early careers, accessibility, parents and guardians, wellness, LGBTQIA+, race and ethnicity and many more.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.