15th September 2021
Training and Implementation Consultant (software)
Working from Home + occasional UK travel (South West based ideal)
**Ideal opportunity for an experienced 3rd Application Support Analyst to further their career in software delivery **
Useful skills include: SQL, software implementation, software training, configuring, data loading, User acceptance Testing, Windows permissions etc.
Joining a growing team of 6 Software Training and Implementation Consultants, you will be working with several customers concurrently to implement our fleet management software solutions. The successful candidates will play a pivotal part in ensuring implementations are delivered successfully and on time.
The Implementation Team work with Clients across many different Travel and Transport disciplines. We need an enthusiastic individual who is keen to quickly get to SME level in our software solution to ensure first class software implementation services and ensure that Civica continues to be recognised as the leading Fleet Software supplier in the marketplace.
Our market leading fleet software solutions are delivered to customers including Police Forces, Fire Brigade Services, Rail Services etc. We have a very busy order book and our Implementation team is expanding, it’s a great time to join us!
You will need to be currently working in a Software Implementation / Application Support type role and have experience implementing and configuring software.
- 3 years’ experience in software implementation and / or technical Application Support with ability to integrate and configure applications
- Data conversion / data loading skills
- Acceptance Testing experience
- MS SQL database administration experience
- Creation of SQL stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Strong customer facing skills, confident and articulate.
- Quick learner
- Current UK driving license
- Any experience with fleet management software would be beneficial but not essential
- Any experience in the following would be useful but not essential: API's, XSLT, IIS, SSIS, Postman etc.
Your core responsibilities:
- Provide implementation support to customers throughout all stage of the software delivery / implementation
- Implement and configure the software following project documentation, implementation and quality guidelines
- Perform data loading
- Produce and maintain documentation including customer product information and configuration documentation
- Provide software training in both classroom, 1 to 1 and virtual environments
- Provide regular progress reports
- Manage any implementation problems and escalate accordingly
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends, family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.