6th August 2021
Job title: Technical Lead
Location: Home based with some travel to client sites
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Skills: .Net, C#, Angular, SQL Server, IIS, Windows Server 2016, Linux, Agile, Waterfall,
Are you a Senior Software Engineer looking for the next step in your career? Are you technically experienced in .Net, C# and Angular?
**Applicants must have active SC Clearance or be eligible to undergo SC Clearance**
The pace of change has never been faster. Governments are being asked to find new ways of helping their people like never before. At Civica, we work closely with you to deliver real change that will make a difference. Our CRaSH collision reporting software delivers savings of £3.5 million per year, across 25 police forces. Last year, we developed a COVID-19 symptom tracking app to support Northern Irish citizens.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take on a Technical Leadership role for one or more services, share their effort and knowledge across a number of concurrent services, require minimal supervision and technically supervise others’ technical work.
As the Technical Lead, you will provide software application support and enhancement services to customers and their users. A go-to expert on all aspects of the Software and Service lifecycle, providing guidance and expertise in the speedy resolution of highly complex technical issues, including where the technologies themselves are unfamiliar to them.
This will be a home based role with some travel to customer sites and my client’s offices when required.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
About the role
- Act as Technical Lead for a number of technically diverse, exciting services, and bring these with excellent levels of Customer Satisfaction.
- Technically supervise up to 5 colleagues. Be a thought leader, able to share and teach colleagues and customers
- Providing technical input towards the accurate estimation and planning of cost, timescale, people and resource requirements for the delivery of services
- Build strong relationships with customers and users.
- Report on progress (own and supervised) and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Lead on the support of multiple customer applications concurrently.
- Manage Incident resolution, Problem identification and resolution.
- Experienced in managing high-profile large services / customers and secure services
- A Technical Expert in .Net, C#, Angular, SQL Server, IIS, Windows Server 2016, Linux
- Experienced in working in a DevOps/DevSecOps environment
- Able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of software development tools, methods and technologies throughout the software lifecycle
- Familiar with Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- An excellent communicator including describing and presenting technical solutions
- Trusted to handle difficult customer situations with little or no support from the Service Delivery Manager
- Experienced with defining system requirements and system integration activities
- Willing to work outside of normal working hours (including 24/7 on-call) where required as part of a rota and travel to customer sites for service reviews and other meetings (where required)
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.