8th March 2022
Technical Consultant - Platforms
Location: Working from Home (South West or North West ideal) + occasional UK travel
Job Reference: 1794
Civica Health & Care SaaS solutions enables our Customers in the Healthcare sector to make informed choices and deliver outstanding care. We provide smart, dependable software that connects people, processes and systems more effectively.
- The infrastructure that supports our Clinical solutions is critical and we are seeking a Technical Consultant who will be responsible for the infrastructure platform. This includes implementing, maintenance and support of the servers provisioned for developing and delivering solutions both externally for Customers and internally to support development and testing requirements.
- Configure and deploy virtual servers, operating systems and Azure resources as required
- Assist in managing and implementing the patch management strategy
- Install, Configure and support Citrix and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services environments
- Assist in the implementation and administration of Microsoft Windows, Azure Active Directory and ADFS environments
- Support and maintain backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Respond to, identify and resolve system and network problems and diagnose faults in order to maintain platforms in line with customer Service Level Agreements or internal availability requirements.
- Perform system monitoring checks as necessary to ensure integrity and availability of server resources, systems and key process and respond to any alerts generated by the proactive monitoring and alerting system
- Maintain asset register of all provisioned physical, virtual and cloud-based internal platforms that support the Clinical Systems product set and internal business functions
- Ensure that technical designs, internal documentation, processes and procedures are fully documented and maintained as required
- Ensure that all procedures and routines comply with the requirements of the Company’s documented Quality System and Information Security Management System
- Test and evaluate new technology, in line with business or customer requirements
- Validate and advise customers on the suitability of their platforms for the installation of the Clinical Systems software solutions
- Attend managed hosted data centres and customer premises as required
Civica delivers a wide range of specialist software solutions to Local Government, Central Government, the NHS and private Customers across the UK. We have grown year on year for the last 22 years.
- 5+ years’ experience in Infrastructure services with experience of both hosted and remotely administered environments and infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud Technologies, including Microsoft Azure, AKS, AAD, ADFS, Azure SQL, Azure Log Analytics
- Experience installing, configuring & troubleshooting Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019 Operating Systems in enterprise scale environments
- Experience and knowledge of installing configuring and troubleshooting virtual technology platforms
- Ability to take a pro-active approach to tasks and duties. Logical and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A flexible, customer focussed approach to work and attitude to drive through issues to completion
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- The ability to be flexible, adaptable, think on your feet and work on your own initiative
- Excellent skills to manage expectations and control changing requirements
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.