12th April 2022
Software Engineer- .Net
Location: Home Based
Job reference: 1875
Skills: C#, .Net, SQL
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, private medical, life assurance, flexible benefits scheme that includes the likes of; Buy/Sell holiday, Cycle to work, Opticians vouchers and more.
Who are Civica?
We are a global software and services business, primarily split into three main areas; Central Government (Consultancy), Managed services and Software.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive and diverse culture where people enjoy working and thrive in their careers. Want to know how and why we are a great place to work? Check our Glassdoor reviews - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Civica-Reviews-E35357.htm
As well as our people focus, we are committed to delivering quality software and services to our range of clients who are mostly public sector however, we are looking to grow more into the private sector given our success and continued growth over the last 20 years.
Modern.Gov (Part of Civica) are an industry leading professional software house with our software being used in over 360 organisations. We supply a suite of solutions to assist with organisational governance across multiple sectors. We are looking for a multi-skilled software developer.
Software Engineer Accountabilities
The successful candidate will have existing experience analysing, designing, fixing, enhancing, troubleshooting, security hardening commercial software products that are used by external customers. They will be a self-starter as well as able to work with others in a small team but will also be aware of the “bigger picture”. We are keen to recruit someone who has already worked in a software house and is aware of the high standards required.
The role will involve being a member of our development team primarily working on software bug-fixing, technical support, full life-cycle development, security evaluation, code review and R&D activities. This will be for both existing products and greenfield projects. The role will work very closely with our existing testing team, but also liaise with the business and support teams where appropriate.
- Microsoft C#.NET Web applications (Development, Deployment, Testing, Troubleshooting)
- Microsoft VB.NET Winform applications (Development, Deployment, Testing, Troubleshooting)
- Microsoft SQL Server (Advanced SQL, T-SQL, Troubleshooting, Optimisation)
- MVC / WebAPI application development
- Modern frameworks (e.g. Angular, React)
- Inter-system communications (APIs, Integrations, SOAP, REST, OAuth etc)
- Control suites (e.g. DevExpress, Syncfusion)
- Pull Request - Code reviews
- Application & System Architecture Design
- Solution design (Security, performance, functionality, standards, secure software design)
- Test / Production IIS / website deployment
- Azure DevOp experience – Repos (GIT), Pipelines, Boards
- Visual Studio 2019+
- Technical troubleshooting
- Requirements capture / Problem analysis
Please apply using the links, contact me on LinkedIn or email me directly.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.