4th May 2022
Service Delivery Manager
Location: Hybrid working – remote + some travel to Luton
Job Reference: 1923
Skills: ITIL certified, service delivery management, line management, customer facing,
Are you a project management professional looking for a move to a team leadership tole? Do you want to join a Top-Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
Civica is a top provider of software and consultancy services to public sector organisations. This role sits in our IT outsourcing division with Luton Council. The role will involve the delivery of a high-quality service to end users, and to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet organisational needs.
Key tasks -
- Act as the first point of contact for the Client for all aspects of Service Delivery ensuring continual ownership and consistency of service provision and resolution of issues.
- Ensure that systems, processes, and methodologies are followed to ensure effective monitoring, control, and support of service delivery.
- Recognise, recommend, and where agreed, implement improvements to processes and procedures, ensuring that the efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance is maintained. Encourage and consider ideas and suggestions from team members that help achieve service aims
- Managing Service Level Agreement adherence to avoid service credit risk
- Provide reports to an agreed schedule (or on request) including SLA performance and other key metric reports.
- Attend customer service review meetings to discuss service performance, provision and improvements as required.
- Own the production and maintenance of the Configuration Database, and the Asset Management and Supplier Management process.
- Take ownership of Service Design and Onboarding of new/changed services.
- Provide an escalation/information and assistance point for Service Transition for service design questions and service scope creep.
- Accountable for the service received by the Service Centre ensuring it meets both the Service and Client needs.
- The responsibilities detailed above are not exhaustive and you may be requested to take on additional responsibilities deemed as reasonable.
Essential Skills / Competencies -
Proven experience of running service management processes, functions, and capabilities such as: -
- Capacity/demand management
- Asset and Configuration Management
- Incident and Problem Management
- Service Design and Transition
- Service Desk
- Service Level Management
- Relationship Management
- Supplier Management
- Track record of service improvement.
- Strong on process but able to make sensible adaptations where needed
- Highly developed communication skills – communicating effectively and in a timely manner using appropriate communication tools and techniques
- Ability to gain, build and maintain Client trust
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance service effectiveness
- Commercial acumen
- ITIL Foundation as a minimum
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge - PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 21 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.