9th September 2021
Job title: Senior Support Engineer
Do you have a strong technical background with Azure? Are you looking to work within a varied role where you will get the chance to work as a technical expert on Azure work?
Civica is looking for a Senior Support Engineer who has a strong background with Azure and who can manage a variety of software solutions to our extensive client base.
You will be working as part of an established technical team providing multi-skilled support and will be expected to lead by example.
You will need to have a technical background ideally with knowledge or experience of different storage mechanisms, networking Inc. firewalls, server operating systems, database technologies, virtual environments.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
About the Role
This is an interesting role within Civica where you will get the chance to manage a variety of software solutions. This will be suitable for a technical expert who has a strong background with Azure. Along with this you will work in a Dev Ops environment so will get he chance to establish your skillset and pick up other desirable skills as well.
Your core responsibilities.
- Supporting various Azure implementations
- Knowledge of the software products sufficient to support and also deploy
- Proactive infrastructure monitoring with Azure
- Site visits to customer premises as necessary
- Follow approved procedures regarding change control and documentation standards.
- Dealing with colleagues and customers in Transport as required
- Assist colleagues in the Support team to make sure that reported issues are resolved within SLA’s.
- Coach and mentor fellow team members to spread skills and knowledge in all aspects of the technical solutions supported.
- Produce High Level Designs for systems that meet the security and resilience required of Civica systems.
- Develop and deliver new approaches to Technical delivery to continuously enhance the level of service provided; document the process and utilise.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.