29th October 2021
Job Title: Procurement Administrator
Location: Crayford, Kent
Civica is a leading provider of Electoral equipment used during Elections at Poll Stations.
We are looking to Recruit an office-based Administrator to be based 5 days per week at our Crayford Office to work as part of a small team initially providing Administrative support to the team and progressing into a procurement role over time. Learning alongside the current post holder, the applicant will also be managing their own administration, customer service and project workload from the outset.
Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends/family
‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2020: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
Top rated employer on Glassdoor: Our average length of service for our employees is 9 years
Societal Impact – Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Liaison with customers to determine their requirements (including supplying quotes and proofs to customers for approval).
- Liaison with suppliers to organise manufacture of bespoke commissions (including quote requests and raising purchase orders).
- Quality control of the manufactured item.
- Keeping clear records of the job specification for future reference and repeat orders.
- Production of bespoke stationery commissions.
- Sales order processing on Sage 200C when required. •
- In due course, after full training and the retirement of the current post holder, the applicant will be expected to also perform stock control and maintenance, procurement and some accounting functions for all parts of the business.
- Interest in a career in Procurement/Purchasing
- Common sense and all-round intelligence are important.
- Happy working on their own and as part of a team.
- Great work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience with Sage preferred.
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and report creation in Access.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2020.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.