12th August 2021
Job title: Pricing Manager
Location: London / Home based
Job type: Full time, Permanent
We’re currently looking for a Pricing Manager to join our Finance Team as we are going through a pricing transformation programme to build effective pricing tools, policies and frameworks.
The initial focus of this role will be to help accelerate the programme so that over the next 6-12 months all parts of Civica’s software business have a pricing engine rolled out.
Thereafter, the focus of the role will shift to helping to build a centre of excellence for pricing within Civica
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Enthusiastic – genuinely enjoys data analysis, problem solving, and the satisfaction of pulling something useful from a sea of numbers
- Experience of presenting complex ideas to senior level stakeholders
- Strongly numerical, demonstrated with degree-level qualification
- Highly competent in Excel, including VBA/macros, working with complex and/or unstructured/ ‘dirty’ data
- Excellent attention to detail and QA – “auditor-level” approach
- Working knowledge of accounting; familiarity with structure and requirements of P&L, cashflow, balance sheet
- Thinks and works in a clear, structured way
- Ability to learn and pick up skills quickly and confidently
- Resilient, considered and measured.
Your core responsibilities:
Lead ‘fact finding’ discussions with BUs to identify pricing opportunities with guidance and support from Head of Pricing
Coordinating activities with a Pricing Associate to:
- Build, maintain and refine Pricing Engines.
- Build list prices and associated tools for new acquisitions and new products.
- Analyse (input and output) data to get to the ‘so-what’, with guidance and direction from Head of Pricing.
- Conduct training sessions, handling ad-hoc engine related requests from BUs, ad-hoc changes to templates and tooling as well as elementary governance work.
- Running, maintaining and improving standard reports & dashboards created by Centum team (e.g. pricing uplift reports).
- Extracting required data from our systems (SOPS, SUN, FABS, Marketpoint, ABI) and structuring it for analysis.
- Run pricing calibration sessions with internal teams.
- Working with Finance team, BU MDs, BU Ops Directors to collate unstructured data
- Creation of PowerPoint packs to summarise and explain analysis to help drive business decisions forward and presenting to key stakeholders.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.