29th June 2021
Performance Test Engineer
Location: Home based + travel to Vadodara office 4 times a year
Technical: Performance Testing, JMeter/VSTS/LoadRunner/Webload
Are you an experienced Performance Test Engineer looking for a great career opportunity?
Civica is a market leader in critical software applications and digital solutions helping organisations transform the way they work. The ongoing growth of our Vadodara office and busy project pipeline has created the need for us to recruit a further Performance Test Engineer.
The role can be home based with the requirement to travel to the Vadodara Civica office once a quarter, (expensed).
The Performance Test Engineer will lead the successful delivery of performance testing for simple projects and multiple product areas. Taking responsibility for all performance test activities from the initial planning and estimating, through to the delivery of the solution, providing expert performance testing input to the overall planning, estimating, monitoring and control of the delivery. Also, driving continuous improvement to increase product quality and achieve Civica Group business targets.
- Accountable for defining the performance test approach to ensure that Civica’s products and solutions adhere to the specified Performance requirements and to identify performance efficiencies for simple projects
- Understanding and analysis of volumetrics and supporting data
- Translate business and technical requirements into performance scenarios including the definition of the environmental requirements for performance verification
- Able to run investigations into root-cause analysis of failures, hardware or software, using the appropriate tools and recommend solutions to the relevant teams for resolution.
- Document the results and communicate findings to both technical and non-technical stake holders
- Must be comfortable working in multiple environments within a collaborative team (Software/System Engineers, Project Manager and customers).
- Manage the production, quality and accuracy of all test deliverables and ensure that these adhere to the Civica Test Policy
- Produce test deliverables, test plans and test outcome reports
- Manage the quality aspects of testing work and provide peer review of the testing artefacts produced by others in the testing team
- Provide accurate and concise process updates ensuring visibility of the test process to the project / product teams and the Civica Software Quality Assurance team
- Assess and mitigate any risks or issues that threaten the achievement of the testing deliverables
- Excellent in performance testing project design, coding, debugging, problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be hands-on with JMeter / LoadRunner/VSTS/ WebLoad
- Must have extensive hands-on experience gathering and analysing requirements, scripting, execution, performance metrics
- Able to identify performance bottlenecks and able to perform RCA
- Passionate about providing innovative solution
- Good in oral and written communication skills and able to take part in meetings and discussions
- Proactive personality and able to work autonomously
- Good team player
- The ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Should be a detailed oriented
- Ability to work at detailed and abstract levels
- Ability to guide junior team members
- Track record of delivering commitments on time and quality
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth.
Civica has over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.