22nd November 2021
Job title: Network Engineer
Are you a Network Engineer who has a background with Cisco? Are you looking for the chance to join a dynamic, fast paced team?
The role – Network Engineer
To support, maintain and improve the authority’s wired and wireless local and wide area network infrastructure and telephony systems to ensure high availability, optimal performance and to ensure delivery of service to agreed SLAs.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Specific experience and/or knowledge of the following:
- Strong experience of a similar ICT environment.
- Demonstrable experience of service delivery to agreed SLA metrics.
- Demonstrable experience of on-time, on-budget project delivery.
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking.
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS based switching and routing
- Knowledge of Cisco based networking security (ASA, ACS and ISE)
- Knowledge of remote working and wireless technologies.
- Knowledge of Fortinet technologies including Fortigate and Fortiguard
- Knowledge of IP telephony and associated sub systems including Avaya.
- Knowledge of Cisco Nexus Switches
- Technical qualifications in relevant ICT disciplines (CCNA, CCNP)
- Knowledge of a Microsoft operating environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Broad industry and technical awareness.
- Good presentation skills.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.