15th June 2022
Job title: Management Accountant
Location: Office based with flexible working from home (Theale/Bristol)
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 2022
Are you a qualified Management Accountant looking to join a leading public sector software company in the UK?
We are looking for a Management Accountant to provide day to day financial support and expertise to the Finance Director and MD’s across the division.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your core responsibilities
- Financial information collation and reporting
- Preparation and control of working capital balances and movement
- Financial system development and maintenance
- Maintenance and reporting of forecasting and budgeting
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts
- Timely and accurate preparation of control accounts and balance sheet
- Maintenance of forecasting and budgeting system
- Working capital cycle reporting
- Development of financial systems improvement
You will be a qualified accountant, who will also have:
- Qualified to CIMA level or QBE to completion
- Established experience in a Management Accounting role, exhibiting interpretation and reporting competencies
- Knowledge and experience on tax compliance (PAYE, VAT etc)
- Ability to specify and drive change
- High competency in numeracy, accuracy and interpretation
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Ability to challenge
- Microsoft Office suite to an advanced level
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.