16th December 2021
Job title: Payroll Bureau Administrator
Location: Newport Pagnell
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get into a payroll position as all training will be given to this individual from our supportive, experienced team. Or if you are experienced payroll professional we’d be just as keen
Are you interested in taking full responsibility for the delivery of expert payroll services? Join our team of experienced Payroll Administrators.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn and take full ownership for the service delivered ensuring payroll and legislative requirements are met from start to finish of the payroll cycle, including pensions and tax year end!
You will join our Payroll Bureau which offers managed payroll services from a BACS accredited provider. Offering flexible bureau and shared solutions for businesses, local government and education.
Support for the CIPP qualification is available for the successful candidate.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UKsoftware company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Here is a success story from an employee who initially joined us as Junior Payroll Administrator and has progressed to Implementation Consultant
“This is such an amazing company to work for; the management team are always pushing me and trusting me with responsibilities, my mentor/s have helped and guided me to become the ‘employee’ that I am today and I feel so lucky to work alongside such a wonderful group of people.”
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, always monitoring and adhering to all payroll deadlines for the month for your customers.
- Background in either administration, finance administration, credit control or sales ledger.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet all customer and legislative deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent customer relationship skills.
- CIPP qualified or interested in completing payroll qualification (sponsored by Civica).
- Time management.
- Great attention to detail.
Your core responsibilities:
- Maintain Payroll Bureau procedures in general and for each customer.
- Ensure the operational delivery of all customer focused payroll services to the agreed customer service levels and as outlined in payroll processing checklists.
- Management of day to day pay related matters including responding to pay and pension queries.
- To ensure all statutory payroll and pension monthly and annual returns are made in a timely manner.
- Ensure statutory compliance on all pay related practices and guidance given to customers, keeping abreast of statutory legislation.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.