26th August 2021
Job title: Java Developer
Location: Bristol, Swindon or London / Remote working options available
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Are you a full stack developer looking for your next role? Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK?
We design smart software that supports remote working, improves and automates internal processes, and delivers a better experience for your community. Civica supports over 900 local authorities around the world. We help deliver services used by 90 million people: delivering £2.6bn in COVID-19 related payments to help citizens and businesses.
Software Engineers are responsible for delivering solutions for essential everyday services that rapidly transform customer experiences and improve operational efficiency. You will be a full stack developer, comfortable with both web technologies as well as core business logic
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle.
- Understands the importance of standards and quality procedures.
- Willing and able to learn new technologies and new skills.
- A problem solver who loves technical challenges.
- An interest in bridging the gap between technology and business
- Essential knowledge of BDD and/or TDD software development practices and processes.
Back End skills:
- Java 7/8 experience,
- Use of ORM, e.g. JDBI, Hibernate
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection
- Database skills incl. some experience of Postgres and Redis or other NoSQL
- JUnit or TestNG
- Experience building Microservices incl. RESTful services
- Knowledge of Jenkins, or other CI tools
Front End skills:
- HTML 5
- SASS / CSS 3
- Experience with Node.js, Express.js and templating (Nunjucks or others) or with Angular.JS
- A strong track record in front end web application development
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.