13th October 2021
Job title: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Skills: Azure, Network Clustering (VPN, SAN, VLANS ect), Microsoft Server, Hyper V, SQL.
Do you have a strong technical background with Azure? Are you looking to work within a varied role where you will get the chance to work as a technical expert on Azure work?
Civica is looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer who has a strong background with Azure, migrating traditional hosting services to the Microsoft Azure Cloud for key Public and Private sector customers.
This role will allow you to work with new and exciting technologies, building, and supporting high availability and high demand systems.
Experience in the Microsoft Azure Cloud technologies is preferred but not essential for the right candidate who can demonstrate excellent skills in traditional hosting technologies and has an eagerness to quickly learn new skills.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your core responsibilities.
- Support Azure, datacentre and inhouse production and development environments.
- Deployment of the applications and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Ensure that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- Identifying and resolving the root cause of incidents, providing permanent solutions or acceptable work arounds.
- Receive and handle complex technical requests and resolve them in a timely and accurate manner, escalating where necessary.
- Work closely with in-house development teams to troubleshoot application or infrastructure issues.
- Systems monitoring for potential capacity, performance and security issues and setting up of automated alerts.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.