21st April 2022
Job title: Graduate Group Privacy and Compliance Officer
Location: Leeds (with ability to frequently work from home)
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 1872
At Civica, we never stand still…
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider, with more than 22 years of sustained growth – We never stand still, so you won’t either!
We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
From new faces and experiences, to opportunities and challenges, it’s our people and culture that makes us different. After all, our sustained growth and success over the last 22 years hasn’t been coincidental. It’s been down to us attracting, recruiting and retaining, fresh thinking individuals with a passion to make a difference. Individuals just like YOU!
Our technology is used all over the country and touches the very depths of cyberspace in a multitude of industries – so when you join our team, the sky’s definitely not the limit.
You’ll join our 2 year graduate scheme and go through our induction programme. As you progress up the ranks, you’ll follow a comprehensive learning and development programme. You’ll also get regular mentoring from more experienced colleagues and regular performance and salary reviews throughout the graduate scheme.
This role will position you for a career in compliance and data privacy in an innovative global public-sector software company.
Civica’s compliance obligations include data protection, information security, business continuity, and risk management and the Compliance and Improvement team touches almost every aspect of our business. The team’s broad reach means that you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the business, grow your network, develop expertise, and progress within a global team. You will also have the opportunity to gain specialist, well -regarded, professional qualifications in Privacy and in Project Management and to acquire a deep understanding of the leading Privacy Software
Principal responsibilities and tasks:
You will be responsible for:
- Analysing and recording processes
- Identifying and managing risks
- Assessing the supply chain
- Completing privacy documentation
- Reviewing policies and procedures
- Supporting a wide range of stakeholders
- Managing incidents
- Conducting process audits
- Maintaining contractual compliance
- Providing recommendations for improvement
- Drafting and reviewing Privacy and Security related Group communications.
- Supporting the administration of the Privacy Platform
- Compliance & Improvement Consultant
- Degree level
- Not required – training and the opportunity for professional qualifications will be provided e.g. CIPP/E
- Technical background would be a bonus
- Ability to learn Privacy Software (OneTrust)
- Highly developed analytical skills with a keen eye for detail. Able to analyse and understand business processes, policies, and practices and to assess privacy risks.
- Strong communication skills in English across both written and verbal mediums.
- Regular reporting on progress against team objectives.
- Able to tactfully influence peers and possess sufficient self-confidence to challenge processes.
- Self-starter, looking for a career in data privacy. Has a thirst to learn new concepts and develop a deep knowledge in compliance – particularly in relation to privacy and security.
- takes responsibility for completion of own work.
- Works effectively alongside others as well as independently to achieve team goals.
- Critical thinker – able to objectively evaluate alternatives and make suggestions for improvement.
- Shares information and knowledge and understands how work of other teams relates to own.
- Possesses ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines by prioritising workload.
- Able to integrate into an international team across multiple time zones.
- Able to travel to offices within the UK
- Keen attention to detail
- Some knowledge of technology or willingness to learn
- Stakeholder management
We’re big on benefits
As clichéd as it may sound, you’re our future, our differentiator and our greatest asset, so rest assured that we’ll reward you accordingly. Here’s what you can expect:
- A competitive salary
- Regular performance and salary reviews and 1:1s
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Critical Illness cover from your first day of employment (£25,000)
You’ll also receive a competitive, flexible benefits package which includes private healthcare cover, cycle to work scheme, Tastecard and more.
- 25 days holiday per annum plus a ‘Donate a day’ to support a charity of your choice.
- An internal rewards system for going the extra mile - 100 points = £1.
A full induction programme and training provided through the Civica Academy, together with mentoring and coaching to aid your career. For more information, please email our Academy team.
Closing date for applications – 23rd May 2022
The Civica Graduate Programme will start in early October 2022
Mental Health Champions are here for you!
We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day to day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2022.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.