1st March 2022
Job title: Financial Accountant
Location: Home based / Dudley
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job Reference: 1777
Are you an immediately available Financial Accountant looking for your next long-term contract? We are looking for an established and experienced Financial Accountant to utilise their expertise at one of the leading public sector software companies in the UK.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your core responsibilities
- Timely and accurate preparation of central overhead costs
- Timely and accurate preparation of Fixed Asset Register
- Maintenance and processing of Group recharge matrix
- Timely completion of year end reports and analyses
You will be:
- Qualified to ACCA level or QBE
- Established experience in a Financial Accounting role, exhibiting preparation and analysis qualities
- Knowledge and experience on VAT and tax compliance
- Ability to specify and drive change
- High competency in numeracy, accuracy and interpretation
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Ability to challenge
- Microsoft Office suite to an advanced level
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.