4th May 2022
Job title: Employee Engagement Executive
Location: Home based
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Job reference: 1860
Are you a team player and creative thinker with people management skills? We are looking for a great copywriter and collaborative communicator who will play a critical role in supporting the Group Communications & Engagement Team in the development, execution, and ongoing improvement of Civica’s employee engagement strategy.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 22 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is the UK’s leading public sector software provider. We’re developing and delivering the technologies that are transforming our vital public services, across Local Government, Central Government, Healthcare and beyond.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
- Support the development and implementation of Civica’s Group Communications & Engagement strategy aligned with the Group’s overall business and People (HR) strategies.
- Maintain best practice internal communications, aligned with our brand and identity standards.
- Support the delivery of various internal communications through a range of channels - VIC (Intranet), email, face-to-face, audio and video, and social media, including Yammer, ensuring ease of access and clarity and consistency of messaging.
- Responsible for the global content planning and delivery of our bi-monthly Group newsletter - Springboard and weekly Take Five. You will work with peers in India and Australia to ensure inclusion of Group-wide content and ensure consistency and best practice.
- Support the delivery of a variety of Group-wide surveys to understand employee sentiment and drive continuous improvement through Group and local action plans, e.g., annual employee engagement and ENPS surveys and quarterly pulse surveys.
- Lead on a variety of employee engagement programs in support of planned and ad-hoc people and Group initiatives, e.g., International Women’s Day, Civica Birthday etc.
- Help to drive a series of local activities to raise our profile as an ‘employer of choice’ in the UK.
- Work as an active member of the project team responsible for delivering our annual Employee Awards.
- Alongside our global head of Diversity & Inclusion, plan and deliver a comprehensive programme of activities to support our D&I agenda and ensure colleagues feel able to bring their true selves to work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- A team player with an ability to build and sustain relationships at all levels.
- High standards of communications professionalism, experience and productivity.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills to deliver agreed activities on time and to a high standard.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, whilst working well under pressure to tight deadlines to achieve success.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Self-sufficiency in Group and customer knowledge with understanding of Civica offerings and associated business benefits.
- Good knowledge of Office productivity software, including SharePoint.
- Good knowledge/willingness to learn InDesign/basic design packages would be advantageous.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.