12th July 2022
Location: Home Based UK + some occasional travel
Job Reference: 2066
Benefits: comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday + option to buy more, pension, medical cover, life cover, discounted gym membership, various employee discount schemes
Skills – Electoral officer, local elections, national elections, elections legislation
Are you an experienced Electoral officer seeking a new role in an industry leading company? Do you want to join a Top Rated Glassdoor Employer and UK Top 2 Software Company?
Civica Xpress is the largest provider of Electoral Management Systems in the UK, this role will involve supporting customers in and answering queries about the software. It’s an exciting time to join as the software is going through a major transformation.
Typical responsibilities will include -
- Act as a first point of contact to customers.
- Ensure the support desk is an excellent deliverer of customer service.
- Log and answer incidents and queries received by telephone and email.
- Log incidents and queries into the Support System and provide the customer with their case reference number.
- Facilitate updating customer details on the Support System.
- Ensure all queries are responded to within the agreed SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Identify and escalate high priority incidents to the Support Manager.
- Maintain good communication lines with customers to keep them updated with the status of their support case.
- Identify key themes or topics reported to the support desk and feedback to the Support Manager.
- Work effectively as part of a team of Electoral Consultants.
- Use your own initiative to investigate and research customer queries using internal recourses.
- Attend internal training to increase product knowledge.
- To undertake occasional evening, weekend and bank holiday work to assist in meeting the company's objectives. This work will be required during busy Election timetables. Working 37.5 hours per week, covering 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday.
To be considered you will need -
- Experience in Electoral Administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong commitment to customer service excellence
- Must be motivated and keen to learn
- Good knowledge of a range of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Power Point etc)
- Ideally have used Xpress or a competitor software system
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 21 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.