4th August 2021
Divisional Compliance Manager
Location: Home based + occasionally on-site in North London
Are you a Compliance specialist looking for a great opportunity to further your career?
Help us to maintain our position as a Top 2 UK software company and to continue to build on our 19 years of continuous growth!
We are the UK’s leading provider of election services, with unrivaled in-house resources and digital solutions to help a variety or organisations plan elections, manage data securely and engage voters.
We are looking to recruit a Divisional Compliance Manager to oversee and maintain compliance with Quality and Information Security Management Systems, processes, procedures and standards and adherence to Data Protection/GDPR legislation.
Responsibilities will include –
Maintain compliance with Quality and Information Security Management systems, processes, procedures and standards including:
- Management of Civica’s Risk and Compliance Management System
- Maintaining the Non-Conformity Incident Log and overseeing the conclusion of incidents from root cause analysis to closure
- Lead on external audits to maintain ISO27001 and ISO9001 certification and supporting the completion of any Corrective Action Plans
- Completion of client Security Questionnaires and Due Diligence surveys
- Conduct internal audits across the division
- Provide support to the business as the Quality subject matter expert
- Advise on need for privacy / data protection impact assessments
- Conduct local data privacy records audits and support remediation check-ups from audits
- Undertake data breach investigations and escalate where appropriate.
- Promote awareness of privacy management and compliance with data protection regulations
As an experienced compliance professional, with 3+ years’ experience you will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- ISO27001 and ISO9001 standards
- Data privacy legislation including the GDPR
- Being highly numerate and literate, with strong communication skills
- The ability to influence others persuasively and achieve quality results in a timely manner
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Strong problem-solving ability
Life at Civica
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.