15th March 2022
Location: Blended Working from either Thanet, Dover or Canterbury offices/and Home
Job Reference: 1818
Civica works in partnership with Canterbury, Dover and Thanet Councils to provide services at a variety of East Kent locations. Civica is a ‘can-do’ organisation; honest about what we do and how we conduct ourselves – and always proud of our services and people. We strive for excellent and cost-effective service delivery.
- We are a busy Customer Service team, which is looking for people with strong communication skills and a commitment to providing a high standard of service to join our friendly team. We are looking for someone who is computer literate and committed to excellent customer service standards, to provide advice to customers about a range of Council Services. Although there is the potential for dealing with customers face to face, the role is pre-dominantly telephone based.
- We would welcome applications from people looking to start their careers within Local Government, as well as those with experience. Full time hours are 37 per week. All our posts are open to job share and combinations of part-time hours, especially within Customer Services, where cover for the lunch periods would be helpful and may suit applicants with caring responsibilities.
- All staff are expected to be flexible about which office location they will work from and would be based in either our Thanet, Dover or Canterbury offices.
- The successful candidates for all our positions need to demonstrate that they are self motivated and able to work well in a busy environment, both within a team and on their own. Ideally you will be have experience of working withing a contact centre environment. Although training will be given, we do need applicants to show they are experienced users of IT applications, specifically MS Office and have a track record of managing conflicting priorities and delivering targets effectively.
- Ability to work from home as well as at one of our local offices
Although this role requires the ability to work from one of our local offices, the ability to work from home is also essential, so access to reliable broadband and a suitable workstation at home, including a private room from which to work with a desk or table and chair is a requirement of the role.
Please be aware that a Standard DBS check is a requirement for this role.
Recognised Gold Standard ‘Investors in People’
My client’s exceptional team and culture sets them apart. The company take great pride in their people and culture – supporting and celebrating the talents, qualities and vital contributions of everyone in the global team.
The company are recognised as Gold (standard) ‘Investors in People’
Top 25 - Glassdoor 2019 Employees' Choice Best Place to Work
- Flexible working
- Employee Awards
- Range of benefits