10th November 2021
Job title: Apprentice Service Desk Advisor (Apprentice / Trainee Level)
Location: Leeds Office
Job type: Full time, 18 month initial fixed-term contract
Do you have excellent customer service skills and a passion for IT / Computers? Would you like to build a career within IT support? Join our team as an Apprentice Service Desk Advisor, in an exciting role offering excellent experience and progression opportunities.
Working in our Service Centre, you will ensure service desk tickets are logged and categorised correctly against individual customer contracts. You will provide first line technical support using documented knowledge articles to Civica’s service centre customer base. We are looking for an ambitious and capable apprentice to support the work of the Service Desk team, gain an understanding of the business as well as complete the Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship scheme. It is anticipated that the apprenticeship course will take around 15-18 months to complete.
- You’ll be excited by the opportunity to start your career within IT Support, applying previous skills that you have developed throughout your work experience. You will also;
- Have previous customer facing support experience (in any capacity, but over the telephone would be advantageous)
- Be passionate about computers and Information Technology, but no previous IT work experience is necessary
- You must be willing to work on a rota basis. The working hours will be either 7am – 3pm, 8am – 4pm, 9am – 5pm, 10am – 6pm, 11am – 7pm. Rotas will change on a weekly basis after the initial training & induction period.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Any previous Customer Advisor or Contact Centre / Call centre experience would be advantageous.
Life at Civica
Help us continue to build on 19 years of unbroken growth and maintain our position as a Top 2, UK software company.
Civica is one of the UK’s largest software companies, with over 30 years of proven expertise in delivering improved outcomes for public services around the world.
- Blended working: less commuting, more time with your friends and family.
- ‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
- Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2021: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
- Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
- Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Your core responsibilities:
- You’ll be supporting customers via multiple channels to correctly triage incidents and service requests to the required resolver groups and process them in line with the current service levels and Civica policies and procedures. You’ll also be delivering consistent high-quality service to our internal and external customers.
- Maintain accurate records of work completed, changes made and customer interactions, in line with data protection laws and Civica policies, on the systems designated by Civica.
- Adherence to current Service Centre Service Management policies, processes and procedures.
- Maintain and develop your customer service skills, technical skills and knowledge of Civica processes and procedures
- Continuous Improvement – Provide feedback to improve the existing knowledge management, suggest requirements or content for new knowledge management and if directed by line management, create new knowledge management articles.
- Take personal responsibility for managing your time effectively and proactively.
- Meet operational targets on productivity and quality performance standards for customer service, compliance and operational excellence.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2021.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.